AVIC411.com

EU V3 upgrade observations

Soft beeps while in nav mode, but not while navigating ipod etc. Those beeps are still the same. Is there a mod to change beeps to all be the same?

Also noticed while listening to a mix-cd we now have a noticable changeover when going from one song to the other, didnt notice this on v2.0.

Hmmm, not really sure - but when you look to the folder "\My Flash Disk\DATA\Sound" on your device, the PSG2Hi.wav and the PSG2Low.wav sounds like the "annoying" sounds you mean.

Try to replace them with the sounds, which come with the new firmware (file: \APL2\iGo\DATA.ZIP folder: \audio\).

In the folder of the zip you find a !back.wav and !button.wav, which seem to be the new sounds. Copy them to the folder I mentioned before & rename it to the PSG... names. Maybe it works (can't access my unit at the moment)

Good luck!

i have that the back ground area of heathrow is blue... and also the part around hammersmith... :shock:

Me too, I had a patchwork of light blue areas on my maps, seemed to be large sqares of light blue about 5 miles square in random areas of the UK maps, have gone back to V2 for now, not impressed with V3 so far.

Are you using the 2008.10 maps or the 2009.2 maps ? If you're using the 2008.10 maps, it seems to be a problem with the rivers, as that is what the blue signifies. Perhaps when the official release comes, this will be fixed.

K.

I am using the maps that come with ver3 from Avic_weo downloaded from turboss.com , the blue areas are perfect square grids several miles square and in random places on the map, and when driving the map will be normal until you drive into the blue areas and then the map changes to having a light blue background. It has nothing to do with rivers.