AVIC411.com

Z-1 installed with Bypass no phone dial

Hello, I just installed my z-1 (Sept 06) in a 07 avalanche using the wire bypass I have Ipod, xm, Sirius and bluetooth, everything works fine except I cant dial out with the HU unit. I can use the phone to dial and the bluetooth will pickup the call but if I try to dial from the address book or any of the poi nav screens it just jumps to the map. I am using a Treo 650 cingular. Any ideas or is this normal?

And by the way I could not have installed this monster myself without all the information on the site thanks to all of you.

You stated that everything else worked, so the BYPASS DID work? The guys that are installing mine said that the bypass wouldn't work with Sept. '06 models (but they could just be telling me that)... So, does anyone know if in the last month or so, if Pioneer has somehow changed the design or wiring of the unit to disable the bypass noted in the stickies? I have yet to try the bypass myself, but give me 24 hrs and I'll let you know how it works...

Didn't mean to hijack the thread, but, then again, I kinda did... :lol:

September 06 units are absolutely able to be bypassed, you use the 07/06 bypass on this page:

http://www.sminntech.com/z1flash.html

As for your Treo, I don't know about that, but it sounds like it's not a bypass thing but a treo compatibility thing. I don't know how to fix that. Smart phones are notoriously poor for connecting to bluetooth devices like the Z1.

September 06 units are absolutely able to be bypassed, you use the 07/06 bypass on this page:

http://www.sminntech.com/z1flash.html

As for your Treo, I don't know about that, but it sounds like it's not a bypass thing but a treo compatibility thing. I don't know how to fix that. Smart phones are notoriously poor for connecting to bluetooth devices like the Z1.

So, pretty much you are a Superhero, right DucatiBoy? Because you certainly saved the day here for me...

Hello, I just installed my z-1 (Sept 06) in a 07 avalanche using the wire bypass I have Ipod, xm, Sirius and bluetooth, everything works fine except I cant dial out with the HU unit. I can use the phone to dial and the bluetooth will pickup the call but if I try to dial from the address book or any of the poi nav screens it just jumps to the map. I am using a Treo 650 cingular. Any ideas or is this normal?

I am having the exact same problem. My phone is a Nokia N93 and I can't dial out using the Z1.

Is anyone using this type of phone and not encountering this problem?