AVIC411.com

Need Help No Voice Recognition Firmware 3.0 update F90bt

• 3 weeks later...

Count another one with VR problems. I have an old Moto V3 that worked perfect with V2 software on a 700bt. Now I have installed V3 the control for the Ipod works OK, by this I am saying it is not as good as the V2 yet works some of the time. However the calling by speaking the persons name now is not good. I never had a problem before yet now if I say call XXXXX, it might work yet most of the time says do you want help with calling, Ipod, etc. I have given up a bunch of times and just gone to my contacts and hit the correct person. So much for hands free.

There is a slight difference between 2.0 and 3.0 VR and it is important to know this difference otherwise you will not have very good success with VR after switching to 3.0

I had an F700 in my car for about 8 months and my VR worked perfectly on everything but when i switched to an X910 with 3.0 i was having a terrible time getting the VR to work properly. I was doing everything i did with my F700 so i could not figure out what the problem could be but i finally figured it out....

On the F700 i would simply press the VR button, wait for the chime, and then give the VR command and it worked great.

but if you have 3.0 it is important that you WAIT AN EXTRA SECOND after you hear the chime before you start talking. you have to wait until the purple dashes around the little face icon begin to light up. this one second pause was not necessary with 2.0 but if you do not pause with 3.0 the unit will not hear every word you say and will almost certainly misunderstand you.

give this a try and hopefully it will help most of you with your problems

but if you have 3.0 it is important that you WAIT AN EXTRA SECOND after you hear the chime before you start talking. you have to wait until the purple dashes around the little face icon begin to light up. this one second pause was not necessary with 2.0 but if you do not pause with 3.0 the unit will not hear every work you say and will almost certainly misunderstand you.

give this a try and hopefully it will help most of you with your problems

Eureka! It works! Thanks for the tip, I love my unit again!

• 2 weeks later...