AVIC411.com

Anyway to get rid of the caution screen "ok" on bootup?

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

after you have 2013/5.0 installed,

get the 5.1 update from pioneer site for z140 and install that.

take the navi.exe from the 5.1 update, mod it, then put it on usb or sd with testmode.key, and use file maintenance (file manager) to copy over to your unit.

recall that if USER/PRG.FLG is present the unit is booting sw in USER/PRG1 instead of USER/PRG0

recall that you will need to delete target navi.exe before copying…

Okay, all is good with the z130 ...  5.1 and no nag screen :)

I'm still not sure what App 5.1 gives you on a non-z140 ... None of the features listed in the instructions seemed to be there.  The App version says 5.1 though.

I installed 5.0 on my ( Z110 updated to Z140) HU. Other than the nag screen, it seemed the same applications as Z140. Then I installed the 5.1 update (without pionara's patch).  Well, for one thing it's a totally different iPod app. Even the icon in the audio source menu was new. Basically the App Radio interface - not the standard iPod screen.  I totally lost access to my (wired) ipod which has worked for 4 yrs. I am using the original iPod cable CD-IU50 with no Lightning. Made sure it was correctly set as Wired in AV Settings. Nada. Do I have to switch to the CD-IU51 cable to retain the old iPod functionality? I don't feel like spending that much (CD-IU51 + Apple Lightning to 30 pin adapter). 

So I reverted back to the origina (5.0) firmware in /USER/PRG0 by deleting PRG.FLG and I'm back to a working 5.0 (with the nag screen).

Pionara, could you please work-out your patch for the 5.0 NAVI for those of use wanting to retain the old iPod support? I don't know what the correct offset is in NAVI.exe.   Thanks

Oh - also weird is the Wired/BT button in AV settings was labeld something like "FM Step"

I installed 5.0 on my ( Z110 updated to Z140) HU. Other than the nag screen, it seemed the same applications as Z140. Then I installed the 5.1 update (without pionara's patch).  Well, for one thing it's a totally different iPod app. Even the icon in the audio source menu was new. Basically the App Radio interface - not the standard iPod screen.  I totally lost access to my (wired) ipod which has worked for 4 yrs. I am using the original iPod cable CD-IU50 with no Lightning. Made sure it was correctly set as Wired in AV Settings. Nada. Do I have to switch to the CD-IU51 cable to retain the old iPod functionality? I don't feel like spending that much (CD-IU51 + Apple Lightning to 30 pin adapter). 

So I reverted back to the origina (5.0) firmware in /USER/PRG0 by deleting PRG.FLG and I'm back to a working 5.0 (with the nag screen).

Pionara, could you please work-out your patch for the 5.0 NAVI for those of use wanting to retain the old iPod support? I don't know what the correct offset is in NAVI.exe.   Thanks

Oh - also weird is the Wired/BT button in AV settings was labeld something like "FM Step"

Through a few attempts, I found a patch offset that seems to work with v5.0. So those without Lightning cables can still have normal iPod control and Nag screen removal. No need to install 5.1 if you don't need or want that.

At offset BEBFC, change 05 00 00 0A  ->  00 00 A0 E1

Maybe something went wrong when I installed 5.1, since the AV Settings/App Connection option is misslabeled FM Step. I have odd things like that happen before after an upgrade. The fix was to do a hard reset (disconnect battery). Didn't seem to help this time. No matter - there's nothing in 5.1 I care about anyway.

Through a few attempts, I found a patch offset that seems to work with v5.0. So those without Lightning cables can still have normal iPod control and Nag screen removal. No need to install 5.1 if you don't need or want that.

At offset BEBFC, change 05 00 00 0A  ->  00 00 A0 E1

I have two questions:

1) Is the difference between 5.0 and 5.1 only with cabled iPods?  Or does it affect bluetooth connected functionality too?

2) If you don't have a z140bh to get the firmware update, does this difference between 5.0 and 5.1 change?

I went 5.1 nonag, but I'll back up to 5.0 nonag now that RonS has figured it out, if there is a difference in functionality with my z130 that I don't want.

Thanks.  John

I have two questions:

1) Is the difference between 5.0 and 5.1 only with cabled iPods?  Or does it affect bluetooth connected functionality too?

2) If you don't have a z140bh to get the firmware update, does this difference between 5.0 and 5.1 change?

I went 5.1 nonag, but I'll back up to 5.0 nonag now that RonS has figured it out, if there is a difference in functionality with my z130 that I don't want.

Thanks.  John

1) I only use my iTouch via cable. So I don't know about BT. I use BT for my Android phone.   BTW, I do really think something went wrong on my 5.1 install, but the only reason I installed it was to use pionara's no nag patch - which I never did use because my iPod showed as grayed with BT conectivity and when set to wired it seemed to start the AppRadio application.  Check out the installation instructions on Pioneer's web-site for more details on the changes between 5.0 and 5.1. This doc weems to indicate that a Lightning adapter is needed for wired iPod.   

2) 5.0 seems to be the same features as 4.0 (maybe a few minor differences). You likely can switch between the two firmwares - toggling by adding or removing PRG.FLG in the /USER directory - using TestMode. That's what I did after finding my iPod was hosed.

You say you went from Z130 (CNSD-210FM aka ver 3.x) to the 2013 firmware (v 5.0). In doing that, v5.0 installed in one of the /USER/PRGn directories - overwriting whatever was there. Then, installing the 5.1 package probably overwrote the other PRGn firmware and flipped the PRG.FLG file. So you can go back to 5.0 by either copying an empty PRG.FLG to /USER is it doesn't already exist - or - deleting PRG.FLG if it does.  This is safe and reversible because it doesn't modify and system files.

Once you settle on whether to use 5.0 or 5.1, then patch the no-nag.

• 2 weeks later...

I wish I saw your post before I attempted this 5.1 update.  My setup is the same, Z110 and the iPod cable CD-IU50.  I saw the new iPod app icon and my old 80GB classic would no longer work.  Oh well, back to 5.0 and another 20 minutes down the drain.

I wish I saw your post before I attempted this 5.1 update.  My setup is the same, Z110 and the iPod cable CD-IU50.  I saw the new iPod app icon and my old 80GB classic would no longer work.  Oh well, back to 5.0 and another 20 minutes down the drain.

How did you apply 5.1 on z110? I tried and it failed on me. I can see 2 options from SD or USB and sys or sys all but it doesn't do anything when i press menu to enter to select from SD.

A little after I posted, I somehow I got my iTouch to work with 5.1 using the CD-IU50 cable. Not sure what changed. Maybe unplugging and reconnecting the iTouch. I've been running 5.1 for about a week.

The only thing odd is the AV settings menu is screwy. Instead of "App Connection", the button is labeled "FM Step", and the button next to it ("VR something ) is also labelled wrong - can't remember what it says. I thought 5.1 added another iPod related control to AV settings menu, but I'm mnot seeing it. Even tried hard (disconnect battery) and Factory resets. So something got hosed during the update. Tried reinstalling 5.1 and still the same.

How did you apply 5.1 on z110? I tried and it failed on me. I can see 2 options from SD or USB and sys or sys all but it doesn't do anything when i press menu to enter to select from SD.

It works after you install 5.0. However, delete TestMode.key from the 5.1 upgrade SD - don't force load any files.