AVIC411.com

3.x and emulation

I am trying to get the version of 3.0 to load in emulation mode in windows so I can test my mods. I can get the emulator started, mount the flash disk, but none of the applications will run. I have tried the navi, phone and main menu.

Any ideas? I am following the instructions on the wiki.

Thanks in advance.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Boris, is a second program needed to run that file? I'm not sure how to use it. Any help would be appreciated!

EDIT: Ok, I got it to run WinCE but i can't make it show the AVIC. How is that done?

If you launch the emulator with the run.bat file in there (edit the file for your particular disk structure, of course) it will attach avic80 folder as avic's flash disk (that's what /sharedfolder parameter does). ?????? once WinCE boots, double-click on My Device, navigate to APL2 and double-click on EZRider...

If you launch the emulator with the run.bat file in there (edit the file for your particular disk structure, of course) it will attach avic80 folder as avic's flash disk (that's what /sharedfolder parameter does). ?????? once WinCE boots, double-click on My Device, navigate to APL2 and double-click on EZRider...

That helps a lot! I now have got it to show the Pioneer boot screen but after a few seconds, some random russian message(I'm not 100% sure what language it is) appears and then the whole program quits. Any ideas on how to get past this?

That helps a lot! I now have got it to show the Pioneer boot screen but after a few seconds, some random russian message(I'm not 100% sure what language it is) appears and then the whole program quits. Any ideas on how to get past this?

Then the application is missing something. In my case it said it in english and so piece by piece i could add what was missing... i think u should try to interpret the "russian" or find a way to change the language... Can u make a screen copy with the message? Maybe one person here can read it. :)

I'm sure the message wasn't random but something important :)

Add the language file file from your system (they are in content\lang) and remove the Russian one. It should give you better readable messages then.

I changed out the language file and now I'm getting a message that says "Your map files are out of date", but they are the maps that pioneer sent me with the 3.0 update. After I click "OK" on this message, nothing happens. It just shows me the Pioneer loading screen forever. How can I get past that? Sorry for all the stupid questions, but thank you very much for your help!

It's been tricky but I've finally got it. You need to edit the .bat file and in the file you will see that it says deviceemulator.exe. First you need to download Microsoft Device Emulator and install it on your computer. Then go to the .bat file and in front of "deviceemulator.exe" you need to type the location of that file. For example: "C:/program files/microsoft device emulator/1.0/deviceemulator.exe" That is most likely where it will be installed. And make sure to include quotation marks. Then, there is another part in that .bat file that refers to a folder that Boris gave us the download link for called avic_80. You need to type another file location for that one as well. This is what mine looks like: C:/Users/Brian/4pda_avic/avic_80. Then just save the .bat file and double click it to make it run. When you do, it will open up WinCE and you can click on My Flash Disk >> APL2 >> iGo >> ezrider.exe

That will start up the emulator for you. Just put the map file you want in the map folder and put the language file you want in the lang folder and you will be good to go.

It's been tricky but I've finally got it. You need to edit the .bat file and in the file you will see that it says deviceemulator.exe. First you need to download Microsoft Device Emulator and install it on your computer. Then go to the .bat file and in front of "deviceemulator.exe" you need to type the location of that file. For example: "C:/program files/microsoft device emulator/1.0/deviceemulator.exe" That is most likely where it will be installed. And make sure to include quotation marks. Then, there is another part in that .bat file that refers to a folder that Boris gave us the download link for called avic_80. You need to type another file location for that one as well. This is what mine looks like: C:/Users/Brian/4pda_avic/avic_80. Then just save the .bat file and double click it to make it run. When you do, it will open up WinCE and you can click on My Flash Disk >> APL2 >> iGo >> ezrider.exe

That will start up the emulator for you. Just put the map file you want in the map folder and put the language file you want in the lang folder and you will be good to go.

totally lost!! the bat file only say run not deviceemulator

I changed out the language file and now I'm getting a message that says "Your map files are out of date", but they are the maps that pioneer sent me with the 3.0 update. After I click "OK" on this message, nothing happens. It just shows me the Pioneer loading screen forever. How can I get past that? Sorry for all the stupid questions, but thank you very much for your help!

Add a license for a hacked EZRider then, or try maps that people download here... Those should work.

so should the bat file be like this?

"C:/program files/microsoft device emulator/1.0/deviceemulator.exe" /video 800x480x16 /memsize 256 /sharedfolder C:\Documents and Settings\Andy\Desktop\avic_80

i keep getting error?

Copy the run.bat and nk.bin to C:/program files/microsoft device emulator/1.0/ and run it from there. Then put C:\Documents and Settings\Andy\Desktop\avic_80 into quotes like this "C:\Documents and Settings\Andy\Desktop\avic_80"

At the end add back the /c nk.bin you deleted.