AVIC411.com

3.x and emulation

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you guys know how to get it to default to the Map when it loads? Mine is defaulting to the destination menu and its hard to get over to the map.

just create a shorcut on that screen, maybe add a onlongclick='run sc_ReturnToMap' to the address button,

where in the start_800_480 ui file where i add that script?

Do you guys know how to get it to default to the Map when it loads? Mine is defaulting to the destination menu and its hard to get over to the map.

just create a shorcut on that screen, maybe add a onlongclick='run sc_ReturnToMap' to the address button,

where in the start_800_480 ui file where i add that script?

yes

• 1 month later...

This is kinda rediculous. This pertains only to those that want to do mods to their NAV. There have been several questions asked to 'how to get the emulator to work with the AV menu, mainmenu, etc.' and this has been ignored totally. I have been trying to work at this for several days now with no luck, so if someone out there knows how to check the mods (mainMenu, AV, TEL) using the emulator with 3.0, please let us know. If there is no way of doing this, or if you do not know(the main contributors to this post), then let us know this as well! I just dont want to be racking my brains out for something that cant be done :(.

This is kinda rediculous. This pertains only to those that want to do mods to their NAV. There have been several questions asked to 'how to get the emulator to work with the AV menu, mainmenu, etc.' and this has been ignored totally. I have been trying to work at this for several days now with no luck, so if someone out there knows how to check the mods (mainMenu, AV, TEL) using the emulator with 3.0, please let us know. If there is no way of doing this, or if you do not know(the main contributors to this post), then let us know this as well! I just dont want to be racking my brains out for something that cant be done :(.

I made an icon on the main screen I comment out when I am done that allows me to click on it and get to the settings screen to see that info. The bad part is there is no way to go back to the map screen once I have done that and have to exit the emulator and get back into it.

I know why everyone is putting so much into this, but be advised I have found what works or doesn't in the emulator does not always act the same in the car when driving so you may want to fall back on that for further testing.

I made an icon on the main screen I comment out when I am done that allows me to click on it and get to the settings screen to see that info. The bad part is there is no way to go back to the map screen once I have done that and have to exit the emulator and get back into it.

I know why everyone is putting so much into this, but be advised I have found what works or doesn't in the emulator does not always act the same in the car when driving so you may want to fall back on that for further testing.

This is just so frustrating. I was working on some mods (not NAV). I just came out of surgery and I cannot go to my car (damn, I can barely sit down).I was hoping on completing them on my desktop, but, that does not look possible as I have tried for two days to get this working.

This is just so frustrating. I was working on some mods (not NAV). I just came out of surgery and I cannot go to my car (damn, I can barely sit down).I was hoping on completing them on my desktop, but, that does not look possible as I have tried for two days to get this working.

So you can't make an icon on the main screen to get to the menu's? It takes 2 seconds and you just comment out or delete it when done. Sorry I don't see why that is a problem, its pain (no pun intended) but it works. The only issue I have seen is that what the emulator shows works doesn't always work correctly once you get in the car..

If there is some other trick, its sure not being told...

So you can't make an icon on the main screen to get to the menu's? It takes 2 seconds and you just comment out or delete it when done. Sorry I don't see why that is a problem, its pain (no pun intended) but it works. The only issue I have seen is that what the emulator shows works doesn't always work correctly once you get in the car..

Uhhh, how do you make a button on the main screen to access the menus?

Uhhh, how do you make a button on the main screen to access the menus?

substitute the poi2_icon.bmp I have for one of your own. I have this in the area I comment out when I'm done so I can use it later. The key is the onrelease statement. That puts me into the menus to check things out. The drawback is I have not been able to get back to the map screen easily so I do a hard reset from the menu at the top and that allows me to get right back into the software.

substitute the poi2_icon.bmp I have for one of your own. I have this in the area I comment out when I'm done so I can use it later. The key is the onrelease statement. That puts me into the menus to check things out. The drawback is I have not been able to get back to the map screen easily so I do a hard reset from the menu at the top and that allows me to get right back into the software.

Ok, sorry, but this is like greek to me. This is my first experience with an emulator. Where do I input this data?

Ok, sorry, but this is like greek to me. This is my first experience with an emulator. Where do I input this data?

This has nothing to do with the emulator, this goes in the navigatemap_800_480.ui and I put it in the layer mentioned above. This allows me to once I get into the emulator, I then go to the map screen and in the map screen clicking on this allows me to get the main settings screen for all the settings.

Hmmm, just the settings? that is no good either. I need to get into ALL the screens such as Serius, Radio, Ipod, settings, etc as when designing a theme, you work with ALL the screens and that is what this wiki would be good for. It is unfortunate that someone cannot design it to work for all the screens