AVIC411.com

Green dots on Highway?

I noticed this as well after the ver3 update.

MSN direct signal is now much stronger, more reliable and the content, such as those traffic indicators, updates much faster now. Quite pleased with it and don't feel anymore I wasted money on a lifetime sub.

I also feel the same way too. Traffic flow indication on the map is much better and it sure updates a lot faster than before.

One thing I found funny, if you go to the "traffic" on the MSN menu, those information seems like not updating anymore. Someone else please checks this to see if it is true.

Yes, I get the yellow or red dots with the speed number in them, on top of the road that is colored the same as the dots. I've noticed this only when not in a route, not tried it in a route. the green dots though, they never seem to color the road green, its always blue or black depending on my scheme (running pioneer blue at the moment).

Perfect timing, I just re-activated my MSNDirect yesterday after reading about the better reception and noticed the green dots on our way home from dinner last night. No route and they were on the highway which was a blue color.

I Haven't had time to test it out much yet but I thought the entire highway color changed only when you're in a route.

I think the traffic flow indicators you see on screen will depend on how traffic flow data is gathered/reported in the city you live in.

Here in Atlanta, I see the little dots on screen that reflect traffic conditions. The dots location on the map correspond almost exactly with the location of the DOT traffic flow sensors and cameras as I pass them on the road. They are really hard to miss along the side of the freeways here. Big white poles with cameras on them everywhere you look.

Getting decent traffic data in the car was worth $160 for me all by itself.

$60 for the update & $99 for the liftime MSNDirect service.

Win.

Thanks, now I know exactly what to look for.

And I agree that it's worth it. I think I'll route any significant drive through LA now and have it set to re-route based on traffic (can't remember exactly what it's called).

The one time I remember it working it saved me a lot of time by directing me through a maze of side streets to get around a MAJOR accident.