AVIC411.com

GPS Favorite backup from firmware v2 to v3 ???

Try looking in my flash drive\user\userdata\igo\save if you have any favourites then that is where they will be in favourites.dat. :)

That is where i looked. There is no file by that name...not in my flash drive backup on my pc and not even on my F500 unit. I went to my flash drive\user\userdata\igo\save through wince as well and there is no favourite.dat file....

i basically have no favourite.dat file...not in my backup and not even in my unit....

pls help cause i need them favourites....thanks

How about doing a search on your pc for favorites.dat?If it's not there then i think you're snookered. :(

hm, might be a stupid question, but still: Did you ever add any favs and if yes, how exactly did you do it. You don't happen to look for the recent adresses? Those are in a different file - unfortunately I don't know, but it will be in save-folder and the name will content "recent" - I suppose.

I never used my unit before the ezrider.exe hack. so never added any favorites when it was 2.006.

I did the hack as soon as i got the unit.

hm, might be a stupid question, but still: Did you ever add any favs and if yes, how exactly did you do it. You don't happen to look for the recent adresses? Those are in a different file - unfortunately I don't know, but it will be in save-folder and the name will content "recent" - I suppose.

I never used my unit before the ezrider.exe hack. so never added any favorites when it was 2.006.

so what do you need the favorites file for? There is no, if you never added any.

Try looking in my flash drive\user\userdata\igo\save if you have any favourites then that is where they will be in favourites.dat. :)

That is where i looked. There is no file by that name...not in my flash drive backup on my pc and not even on my F500 unit. I went to my flash drive\user\userdata\igo\save through wince as well and there is no favourite.dat file....

i basically have no favourite.dat file...not in my backup and not even in my unit....

pls help cause i need them favourites....thanks

How about doing a search on your pc for favorites.dat?If it's not there then i think you're snookered. :(

i did. No file. Is there anyway i can use someone elses favourite.dat file on my system...would it work?

i could maybe just delete all the saved favourites and add my own?

so what do you need the favorites file for? There is no, if you never added any.

I got a brand new f500bt and loaded the 3.0 ezrider hack as soon as i got it...didnt use the unit before the hack as i needed to load an international map on it before i used the navigation

i did. No file. Is there anyway i can use someone elses favourite.dat file on my system...would it work?

Why would you need someone else's favorites file?

Are you sure you know what favorites are and how to use them? I'd suggest reading the manual a bit, then creating some of your own...

When you add a location as a favorite it creates a file called favorites.dat.If you don't add any you won't create the file.You can have a copy of my favorites.dat if you like,you will then be able to navigate to my aunties house and my favorite fish and chip shop!!!! :):)

Sorry people...didnt read the manual n therefore didnt know i have to save a favourite first through address or poi. I assumed that i would click on favourites and then be able to add as many once the favourites window is open....my bad. thanks for all your help. I have successfully added favourites to my f500bt.