AVIC411.com

AVIC F500BT - POST 3.0 Update Problem?

Was wondering if any of you other F500BT owners out there are having the same issue as me.

I applied the 3.0 update just fine. However, for some reason, now my unit shuts down completely every time I start or stop my car. Previously, the unit would just go to sleep, and then once you started the vehicle back up, it would resume whatever activity nearly instantly (music, GPS route, etc). Now I have to wait for the full start-up (splash screen, etc). The start-up isn't a horribly lengthy process (<1 minute) but the big benefit with the F500BT was the built in battery and the instant resume! Anybody else in the same boat?

I have taken my unit out of the cradle and operated the device on the battery alone, so it's not a battery issue (plus this feature was working fine before the hour long update process). Is there some new setting that I'm missing?

-Eric

Yep. Mine is doing the same thing.

Hmmmm...ok, so maybe this isn't an "isolated" problem for the F500BT after the update. Any other F500BT owners want to chime in? Has anyone called Pioneer about this? It's really annoying because it makes the upate not even close to worth it, no matter how "responsive" the buttons now are.

Mine has done this on and off even with the 2.0 firmware.

After upgrading to 3.0 I noticed that it finally worked correctly for a day or two.

However, it went back to random boots during startup again.

My only solution is to unplug the iPod from the unit. If I do that, it always hibernates and wakes when I start the car. This has been my biggest gripe with the system. I hate thy it defaults to playing the iPod after reboot, when my last setting was "off" so I could listen to the radio

This is an intermittent thing with mine too on 2.006. I found it also depends on how long I crank the car, because when I turn the key from IGN (ignition) to SRT (start), the power on the ACC (accessory) line is cut off. Manufacturers do that to allow most battery power for starting the engine.

If this time brake is too short, my device reboots.

The deal is, the "hibernate" or "suspend" mode worked perfectly for me in 2.0. I rarely ever had the unit go through a full power cycle. Occasionally I would have to reboot because some functions quit working, like the bluetooth, or perhaps voice control stopped activating.

Now I get full power cycles on every car ignition.

In fact, this really outweighs any benefit I get from the update in my book. I like the accurate maps and faster screen/tap response, but now I am waiting forever for the boot, and it also kills the GPS signal acquisition. For a city driver, I do lots of start/stop stuff, so this is just killing me. I barely get the GPS signal locked, and music running with the volume turned up before I am at the next stop.

Seriously thinking about a downgrade...

Yeah, I don't know if a downgrade is possible. I feel this thread now belongs in a new sub-forum, but does anyone know how do downgrade?

Using my Avic again today, not only do I have to cold-boot at every ignition, but GPS signal acquisition is taking forever (like 5+ minutes) every time I start.

The device has literally become unusable for me like this, and I feel like I have given this thing a whole week of use/testing to determine this.

Frustrated.

I was going to ask the question about GPS acquisition time. On average its takes 7 to 8 minutes to get the signal. When I get a signal (I have the external antenna) the map will not update to my present location unless I choose the menu button or go to the ipod and then back to the map.

I've noticed that if I don't leave my Ipod plugged in, the suspend/hibernate feature appears to work just fine.

Ummmm...so, it still works, but something is up with the iPod connection and the device or something? Anybody else want to try to confirm. I haven't done extensive testing on this or anything.

I can confirm having the same issue post 3.0 update. My 500BT goes full power up everytime I turn the ignitiotion off and on. Prior to update I had no issues it always went into hibernate mode. I have not tested with and without IPOD connected will try that and report back. I looked through the settings and dont see anyone to modify the behaviour of the systems power state.

• 2 weeks later...