AVIC411.com

I just installed the new Z110 but my iPod doesn't work. It looks like it isn't compatible. I tried a friends iPod and it worked fine. I have a 2nd gen 60gig. Is the iPod too old and the headunit doesn't recognize it? A message comes up on the screen that the iPod isn't connected. If it is my iPod is there an update available so I can use? I really don't feel like buying a new iPod when there is nothing wrong with it!!

The only way you will be able to use your iPod is by connecting the headphone jack to the AUX in on the Z110, the deck will not be able to control the iPod from the Z110 though.

or.... Try putting your iPod in disc mode and see if it recognizes the music on it, you won't have voice control, but you will have some control from the Z110 and will see the ID3 tags on screen.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1363

Tried the disk mode but it still didn't work. Learned something new though.... Thanks

Take all of your music folders from your computer and drag them to the mounted ipod that appears as a hard drive. Then try reading it as a USB drive. You will select USB as your source, not the ipod source.