AVIC411.com

MSN DIRECT Won't activate

My F900BT gets some informations from MSN but my Status screen says inactive. is their a fix or is my GPS antenna too close. my GPS Antenna is on my dash next to the windshield and my am-fm antenna is Just outside next to the gps Antenna. can any body help with this ?

Update : I have read that the antenna for the MSN reciver is also the power lead for the unit. I will make sure it is not coiled up or near the unit itself as the can cause interfearance will the signal. So I'll try it again. I will update if that works. Jeff R

2005 Chevrolet Avalanche Z71 Type Lt

F900BT

7 " Rosen screen up Front

11 " rear flip down DVD

Bose 6 Channel

Update : I have read that the antenna for the MSN reciver is also the power lead for the unit. I will make sure it is not coiled up or near the unit itself as the can cause interfearance will the signal. So I'll try it again. I will update if that works. Jeff R

2005 Chevrolet Avalanche Z71 Type Lt

F900BT

7 " Rosen screen up Front

11 " rear flip down DVD

Bose 6 Channel

If it is F900 then MSN antenna is the same as for the built-in FM radio.

Thanks BorisM

I will ask you if it is in fact the same as fm antenna,sould I move my GPS antennta ? It's only two inchs away from the stock AM/FM antennta. My MSN-Direct does work for local gas prices and weather. Movie times only shows info from Phoenix Az Usa but I am in Tucson Az about 75 miles south of Phoenix. Status shows inactive or expired. BYW the support page for MSN-Direct say's the Antenna is the same as as the power lead for the unit. ?

Thanks BorisM

I will ask you if it is in fact the same as fm antenna,sould I move my GPS antennta ? It's only two inchs away from the stock AM/FM antennta. My MSN-Direct does work for local gas prices and weather. Movie times only shows info from Phoenix Az Usa but I am in Tucson Az about 75 miles south of Phoenix. Status shows inactive or expired. BYW the support page for MSN-Direct say's the Antenna is the same as as the power lead for the unit. ?

For anything except F500, antenna is definitely the FM antenna for the built-in tuner.

Now, if it gets some info but shows it expired, check the actual MSN subscription. I assume it should be active. On firmware 3,? you can click on the little antenna symbol on the main MSN screen and see some reception stats. That should tell you if it is getting any data packets.

Thanks BorisM

My FM signal is any where from 50-100 % most of the time. If I go downtown it's more like 75-100 %. I am going to move the GPS antennta to the other side of the dashboard (The Driver Side) and see if that helps. I will update and let you know. Again Thanks for your help. Take Care Jeff R.

Thanks BorisM

My FM signal is any where from 50-100 % most of the time. If I go downtown it's more like 75-100 %. I am going more GPS antennta to the other side of the dashboard (The Driver Side) and see if that helps. I will update and let you know. Again Thanks for your help. Take Care Jeff R.

You're welcome. On stock 2.x firmware, you can hit the screen between left two MSN icons, then between two right ones (buttons are invisible so it is very difficult) and get the same diag. screen...

Hey BorisM I was able to get to the Diag. screen. It would seem that every thing is good, good packets and all. Is there a way to change the channel. It's useing 93.7 FM this has a strong FM signal. Could there be interfearance from the radio station useing that same channel. Maybe the unit looks for a strong station ? Status screeen still says inactive or expired even with receving good info. Maybe I should just leave alone. But I just can't. I love to fix things. I like it to work wright. I might try 3.0 software ?

Again Thanks So much you have been a great help. As always take care Jeff R

Hey BorisM I was able to get to the Diag. screen. It would seem that every thing is good, good packets and all. Is there a way to change the channel. It's useing 93.7 FM this has a strong FM signal. Could there be interfearance from the radio station useing that same channel. Maybe the unit looks for a strong station ? Status screeen still says inactive or expired even with receving good info. Maybe I should just leave alone. But I just can't. I love to fix things. I like it to work wright. I might try 3.0 software ?

Again Thanks So much you have been a great help. As always take care Jeff R

You're welcome. Receiver will tune around to find the best station to receive MSN data. Since this part seems to be working fine, I would assume that the problem is on the other end.

You do have an active, non-expired subscription to MSN Direct, do you?

I'm having the exact same problem.

I actually signed up for MSN Direct back in January when I first installed the F90BT, however I was never able to get it to activate. Whenever MSN would send me an activation signal, my status would change from "Inactive" to "Expired", then within an hour, back to "Inactive".

I've called MSN at least 10 times now trying to get this sorted and they finally credited me back my $19.95... I asked if they could just reset my account in hopes to get rid of this "expired" message, but they claimed that since it was a introductory price, that they could not. If I wanted to test a new account I would have to pay the $49 per year...

With the latest Pioneer/MSN firmware, I get full MSN antenna reception.

To BorisM Thanks again I have a active trial MSN Account that expires on 10.17.09 I moved my gps Antenna to the other side of my dash. It would seem that I get a better signal. Still the same status Inactive or expired. I ask tech support from Pioneer about placement of my antenna my from the GPS. There answer is it has no interfearance from GPS or the FM antenna at all.

Thank You very much Jeff R

To Desh

Thanks for the reply. I thought I was the only one with this problem. After the 3.0 Update were you able to get Active status ? or is it still the same ?

Desh thank you. maybe we can work on this and fix it. I'll let you know if you can get it going.

Good luck Jeff R