AVIC411.com

MSN DIRECT Won't activate

• 1 month later...

Just an Update. Sent my F900BT back to Pioneer to have the MSN-Direct repaired. I shipped it out on Oct 23rd They recived it on the 27th. They are still working on it. I called them (Pioneer Support Dept Long Beach Ca.) and they said the unit is still with a tech and not repaired yet. BTY they said their's nothing wrong with it. I explained to them I installed my F90BT in the same truck and it works Perfect. So it's not an antenna,wire or installation problem. It just doesn't Activate. I did notice 3.0 loads faster and gets a better signal on my F90BT. My F900BT still is running 2.0 As soon as I get it back I'll upgrade it to 3.0 Thanks you guys, Theres alot of information on this fourm and it's a great place to be.

Got my F900BT back today can't wait to install it :D Now we will see if Pioneer has fixed it. I might test it first before i get it installed. Funny no E-Mail from Pioneer untill after I signed for it from the UPS driver. :? Anyway I will let you guys know how it went. Ok I tested it today at work in my office seems to work just fine, the MSN did not activate but it was inside my office so not a very good signal, going to install it tomorrow if I can get some time. :? Thanks Jeff R.

Ok it's done 3.0 update on my wifes F900BT. This F900BT has always been a little buggy but it works just fine, much better with 3.0 in it. Alright the great MSN-Direct is much better with 3.0 but still does not show to be ACTIVATED !! but It does work. I think it just doesn't say it's activated but it is. Current Gas prices,Movie show times and places, Weather..... all work properly. So thats the way it is. Pioneer repair service dept. still after three tries has not repaired the issue I sent it to them for. To be fair they did repair the USB cable. Customer service just is not what used to be. I work in customer service for a living, If I treated my customers the same way I would be out of a job !! :D

post-37027-12872760153942_thumb.jpg

post-37027-1287276016397_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...
Thanks BorisM

My FM signal is any where from 50-100 % most of the time. If I go downtown it's more like 75-100 %. I am going more GPS antennta to the other side of the dashboard (The Driver Side) and see if that helps. I will update and let you know. Again Thanks for your help. Take Care Jeff R.

You're welcome. On stock 2.x firmware, you can hit the screen between left two MSN icons, then between two right ones (buttons are invisible so it is very difficult) and get the same diag. screen...

I have 2.x firmware, where exactly i can hit the screen between left MSN icons? Can you please giveme the precise path to reach first the "MSN icons" , i do not see them!!! No icon "MSN"..where i can find them starting from the main menu of the avic 900bt? Thanks!!!

And how i can upgrade to firmware to v.3

My bluetooth died some days ago and i have noticed that it was just after some MSN icons appered on my screen...when navigating with the gps i think. Now i can not find them to investigate..

Ok on the top menu Press Destination then on bottom lower right side will show MSN direct, Press it and then you will see the MSN Icons. then follow steps on this thead if want to see the diag screen. What I found out is. If your MSN-Direct work's properly it's very fast and will connect to MSN and ACTIVATE within 30 seconds after boot up if it says inactive or expired it's not going to change. If not it's very slow or does not work at all. 3.0 helps with signal but does not make it work if it did not work before. Also go to MSN-Direct home page and reactivate your signal. Msn will send a hit that last's 36-48 hours. The unit must turned on and receive a good signal. It can take up to twenty minutes to get full information. Take care Jeff R.