AVIC411.com

no one hacked the legit Pioneer update yet???

I think Boris sits in the next cubicle over from Diannebrat at Pioneer USA. :lol:

Gary, some of us actually have a moral center and respect for intellectual property rights.

I respect Boris and his ability to hack and still respect the owners of the IP.

Just because you can do something doesn't mean you can with no consequences, just like all those folks that torrented the new Beatles remasters instead of buying them. It's still wrong.. no matter what you tell yourself.

It is one thing to respect and another to be screwed

I bought my system and brought it home to find out it ran terrible, with maps that were 2 years old or more. I went online and found the 2.0 update which helped some, but saw there was a 3.0 update i would have to buy for my brand new system. The excuse from Pioneer was that it had new maps included but it was also the update that made the system not run like crap.

Gary, some of us actually have a moral center and respect for intellectual property rights.

I respect Boris and his ability to hack and still respect the owners of the IP.

Respect is a two-way street. And, I'm sure Pioneer would garner more respect from users, if they had more respect for their users. Of course, there will always be those who want something for nothing. But, in this case, the users already paid, and generally don't care for being screwed over by being asked to pay for what they already paid for - a properly working product.

You also might try trading in a hair of that respect for just an inkling of humor. You'd still have plenty of respect left over. And then, maybe you'd be able to lighten up enough not to make every post a comment about the evils of firmware piracy or a defense of Pioneer's inability to get this product working correctly or their questionable marketing practices. You also might be able to understand a joke when you see one.

+100000000

I bought my avic f90bt in sept 2008...my house that was built in 2007 WAS not on the damn maps...freakin crazy. this new 3.0 update not only has maps in it but also has firmware updates that are needed to make the unit run better. They shipped it with way to many bugs. And with something like a stereo most of the time you cant speed all the time and effort (maybe money if you pay for install) just to turn around a couple weeks later and find out its a piece of shit and just return it. I sorta understand them charging for maps but to charge for updates to a buggy unit is astounding. They should have atleast released the firmware update seperate for free. But since the maps were so old they should have given the maps for free or atleast at a better price like in the $20-30 area. So f*** pioneer.

I have no problem paying for the update, however, I am in Canada and there is NO UPDATE for 3.0 available in Pioneer.ca. The only update that they have there is 2.006. Can someone give me a link as to where I can purchase this update with Canada and US maps?

I have no problem paying for the update, however, I am in Canada and there is NO UPDATE for 3.0 available in Pioneer.ca. The only update that they have there is 2.006. Can someone give me a link as to where I can purchase this update with Canada and US maps?

US upgrade does include Canada maps.