AVIC411.com

Who wants new Teleatlas 2009.6 USA maps...?

How are these maps?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. How are these maps?

• Great, Noticeable Differences
    • Seems The Same
    • Needs Work
    • Not Using Them - Sticking With An Older Version Of TeleAtlas Maps
    • Sticking With NavTeq Maps (Any Version)

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

delete, use just that one
Can you tell me what is the benefit of this new bigger dem file? The map screen looks the same to me. I see no additional detail. And, I still can't tilt the 3D map down any lower, either. It really doesn't appear to do anything differently than the 3.01 dem file.

I had to delete about a dozen map, poi, and dem files to make room for it, as well. (I'm positive I won't be driving this car to Alaska, Hawaii, Eurasia, or Africa. And, there's a damn good chance I won't be driving it to any of the Deep South states, as well. So, no big deal other than the time it took.)

Maybe the benefits are only visible with NavTeq maps, or maybe in other areas?

Thanks for the maps they work great. does the speed cam file just need to be unzipped and put into the speedcam folder or do i need to rename it to the same name as the file that is in there.

Also is there a way to tell what speedcams are in this file ? i am in Rhode Island and don't even know if there are any that would show up on it.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

So I found the location on my flash disk that has the maps/buildings/dem (Not sure what dem is). I did notice the names are different ie: downloaded maps are USA_California_2009_04_09.3dl and ones on the flash disk are USA_California.3dl. Can I wipe the flash disk and copy the new ones to it or do i need to rename them to the same name or copy them as well as have the originals?

Don't wipe the flash disk, remove the ones you don't want and copy the ones you want in that folder. The names are not a problem as long as the ending of the files are what they should be and they are in the correct folder.

The DEM folder is the folder that holds the files for terrain etc. That file ending is .dem

The Map folder is the folder that holds all maps files, those end in .fbl

The Building folder is the folder that holds all info about buildings those end in .3dl and 3dc

The POI folder is the folder that holds all maps files, those end in .poi

For those asking about my page of downloads, its offline for now.

• 2 months later...