AVIC411.com

HD Radio doesn't show present information?

Does anyone else have this problem? This is perhaps also related to the RDS issue I've read around the forums.

I have the HD tuner hooked up, and when I set a station (whether AM, FM, or FM-HD) as a preset, the preset stores, but no information is displayed in the preset list. Thus, I have to remember what station I programmed where, or select each of the presets to see what I set it as. Has anyone else had this issue?

Also, I'm a convert from the DNX9140, also with HD, and I received all sorts of information via RDS (or otherwise through HD Radio) for the HD radio stations in my area. I therefore know that there is information that is available in my area, but my Z110BT doesn't seem to pick it up. Is this an issue with the unit?

Pictures below (click for full size)

th_IMG00002-20090922-0840.jpg

th_IMG00003-20090922-0840.jpg

I, also, have heard this issue with Pioneer tuners hooked up with HD Radio. It is one of the reasons I am hesitant to move from Kenwood back to Pioneer (a minor one mind you). So, you are a convert from the 9140 to the Z110BT. What do say the comparison is between the two units for sound quality? Most particular the low end and mid-bass performance of the two units. I really like the voice control on the Pioneer (or at least it looks good) but I haven't been able to do the demo I really want to do yet. I might try my installer again tomorrow after work and see if he has both units in his board yet. I also need to talk to him about some speakers anyway. Looking at the Hertz HSK 165s for my fronts over my current Infinity Kappa 6.5 comps. The current ones are just too bright for my likings and they have little bass output I find.

I, also, have heard this issue with Pioneer tuners hooked up with HD Radio. It is one of the reasons I am hesitant to move from Kenwood back to Pioneer (a minor one mind you). So, you are a convert from the 9140 to the Z110BT. What do say the comparison is between the two units for sound quality? Most particular the low end and mid-bass performance of the two units. I really like the voice control on the Pioneer (or at least it looks good) but I haven't been able to do the demo I really want to do yet. I might try my installer again tomorrow after work and see if he has both units in his board yet. I also need to talk to him about some speakers anyway. Looking at the Hertz HSK 165s for my fronts over my current Infinity Kappa 6.5 comps. The current ones are just too bright for my likings and they have little bass output I find.

I only had the DNX9140 hooked up for a brief period of time, so I can't say that I can discern much difference in the audio. The response time between when you touch the touch screen on the DNX9140, and when it reacts was a deal-breaker for me, I took about a $200 loss to sell it off to someone else. The Z110BT is much better designed from a menu layout perspective, but there are a few other annoyances to deal with.

This is a very annoying feature (or lack of) of the Z110. It's borderline absurd to not have the presets listed. I might could accept that it wouldn't automatically be able to list the presets but to not be able to at least type them in yourself is stupid. Instead, you get a big beautiful screen with ZERO useful info on it.

The HD tuners have never stored the preset information on Pioneers. Sirius doesn't either because its outsourced to another company, so maybe the HD tuners are too?

Holy crap! The Sirius presets dont show up on the preset list??? Sheesh, this might be a dealbreaker for my wife... Is it the same for the XM?

I bought the Sirius setup to go along with the Z110 because of the 'rewind' feature, but I had no idea that the presets didnt show up! This is a HUGE pisser for me... now I have to see if I can exchange it with 6ave for the XM unit. Can't believe that Pioneer would charge $1500 + another $100+ for a system that can't show the freakin presets!

Anyone want to buy the Sirius bus with the Sirius connect? (never even been opened yet)

I noticed that the track arrows will change the presets only with HD, not XM... Still very annoying that I paid $100 for supposedly better technology (HD) and the experience is worse than with FM. I disconnected the HD receiver and verified that:

1. FM and AM are now options in the AV source screen despite what the Pioneer doofus told me the other day (he said that my antenna to the Z was bad).

2. The presets give full information and the RDS info even scrolls across the preset that you have selected.

I might pull out the HD and see if Crutchfield will take it back. They have a fairly friendly return policy.