AVIC411.com

Palm Treo 700w disconnects from Bluetooth

I see that there has been a problem with the Palm 600, but I'm having a problem with the Palm Treo 700w. This is the Windows Mobile 5.0 device. I can get it to connect to the AVIC-Z1 via Bluetooth, and I can make a call but then the Bluetooth connection disconnects after about a minute. I think this is a problem with the Palm, because I've been able to get a Nokia to work just fine.

Any ideas on what might be causing the problem?

Thanks,

Terry
I don't know what version of Bluetooth the Treo 700w uses, but are you saying that the AVIC-Z1 will not work with some versions of Bluetooth? I've heard there is a compatability list of phones but I haven't found it. Given how populer the 700w is, it's hard to imagine that the AVIC-Z1 won't work with it. Other than this, I'm pretty happy with the unit but I have to fix this problem somehow.
I think the 700w limitation is palm hardware. Palm in the past with bluetooth has used rather poor implementations of the "bluetooth stack".

The other WM5 devices should not have an issue. Bluetooth is only as good as the drivers that are in use on the phone. I would say that palm may come out with a BT stack fix, like they did for the 650. But I could be way off.

When I get mine fired up and installed, I will do a full test on the PPC-6700/Verizon 6700.
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
I have the problem with my Siemens SX66 smart phone.
The unit pairs up when i start the car, but will disconnect after about a minute.

I will re/disconnect several times while driving.
I even tried to call from another phone while it was disconnected and my phone rang, but never automatically connected with the Z1.

Looks like it unpairs when my phone's backlight shuts off (going into standby mode).

I modified the power settings to keep the phone on unless I manually push the sleep button and that seems to keep it connected to the z1.
Too bad it kills the battery even on average length drives.

I envisioned getting into the car, leaving the phone in the holster. Starting the car, pairing it up with the Z1, then disconnecting only when i shut the car off.

Are you guys with Razr's having any problems with random disconnection.
I have the RAZR V3c with the .04P firmware, and unit pairs with z1 with no problem. However, when I try makign a call from the screen, or the voice interface, as soon as it dials, it disconnects the phone. Every once in a while, it will work. But most of teh time it wont. I have tried 2 other blue tooth earpieces, and they all work no problem. I have deleted everything from the phoen profile, and added just teh Z1. Still havign this problm.

ALso, cannot for the luife of me get the phone book to transfer.

Anyone with a RAZR have the same problem?
Hey guys,
I have used my 700W religiously with my avic-z1 0 problems.
I made the mistake of updating the 700W with the palm updater.
No more bluetooth after a few minutes it drops the call.
Now i cant get a phone without the update.
[quote name="bradyrf"]Hey guys,
I have used my 700W religiously with my avic-z1 0 problems.
I made the mistake of updating the 700W with the palm updater.
No more bluetooth after a few minutes it drops the call.
Now i cant get a phone without the update.[/quote]
Yeah, I updated my phone about 2 weeks ago. My phone registered, and pairs just fine. But when I try to transefer the phone book, it disconnects. And it will sometimes disconnect in the middle of a phone conversation, for no particular reason. Sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't.
My buddy has a samsung I730 we tried his today with the same car, Same problem after making the call it drops just after a minute.
His phone also has the version of mobile 5 with the "MSFT" or whatever its called where you can direct sync with Exchange 2003. So it looks like either a ND-bt1 problem compatability wise.
Anyone know how to contact pioneer about this?