AVIC411.com

Iphone 3GS no more charging since 3.1

Hello,

I have an EUR F-900BT and an Iphone 3GS with fw 3.1 installed. When I had 3.0 the iphone was charging normally through the pioneer ipod cable (just asking for airplane mode) now when I connect it says that the accessory doesn't support the charge.

Anyone has the same problem?

Thanks,

Z.

I called Pioneer Tech Support and they simply said:

"Apple has changed their firmware so we no longer support charging from the Unit (mine is a 900BT)"

I am totally POed at this answer!!

I tried plugging the phone before turning the unit ON but it didn't change anything for me.

It does not recharge anymore...

Come on, someone must have a solution to this real stupid problem!

The Pioneer guy is claiming nothing they can do on their end... Hard to believe but Oh well.. I may just have a 900BT for sale very soon. I have to be able to recharge my phone while in the car and still listen to music.

Has anyone tried one of those charge adapters that came out when the 3G wouldn't charge over firewire? Clearly we know that the unit supports charging, but it's just software telling it not to charge anymore.

This is ridiculous. The manual for Pioneer states to use the latest firmware anyhow.

Well, Pioneer has no control what other idiotic thing Apple might do in their fiirmware...

Are you guys saying it says it wont charge or it literally doesn't charge? Mine charges just fine with 3.1.2 I have never had an issue. I am using the apple cable.

It's a usb charging system, drivers isn't going to change the power pins Its as simple as that.

I have noticed however a bug where the 3gs wont charge when its already fairly charged, say 80 or 90 percent of capacity but it will when drained say half way.

I would say try a different cable, and plug it in when its half way gone, see if it still does it.

Don't trust pioneer support, they are a bunch of minimum wage monkey's, they told me a long time ago the iphone charging isn't supported, but what do you know it does work, just get a descent cable that actually has some quality control in it for the 50 dollars. (apple composite cable) after switching to that it worked just fine, but yeah taht bug is there.

Thanks for the tip. I'll have to drain my phone a little bit more to see if that's what's going on. What I can't figure out is how it would charge before (using the Pioneer cable) then after the update, it will no longer charge. I do know that Apple has had firmware updates before that have FIXED charging issues. I know pins are pins, but on this phone, it certainly has some software to regulate certain things. For instance, when I have the phone connected to my computer, it actually will not charge until Windows is fully booted--as in it won't charge during POST and startup--even though it's connected.