AVIC411.com

Navteq maps WILL NOT WORK with the AVIC. They use TeleAtlas maps. The latest ones are posted here and they are the 2009.6 maps. You can't get any newer than that!

Navteq maps work very well with 3.x AVIC software.

Navteq maps WILL NOT WORK with the AVIC. They use TeleAtlas maps. The latest ones are posted here and they are the 2009.6 maps. You can't get any newer than that!

Navteq maps work very well with 3.x AVIC software.

Like Boris says Navteq maps work with Avic.I have tried both formats but feel the teleatlas are more detailed.Only my opinion!

I allready use navteq with my avic but this is 2009 Q2 what I downloaded was Q3. That`s why I wonder if it is any possibility to change file format so we can use that version too.

I allready use navteq with my avic but this is 2009 Q2 what I downloaded was Q3. That`s why I wonder if it is any possibility to change file format so we can use that version too.

Not possible. You need to find maps in iGO format.

My mistake, I read that the AVIC's only support Teleatlas maps. How do you make the switch? Do you just delete all the Teleatlas maps and then add the navteq ones?

Delete which ever maps you wish to update,then copy the new maps over.You can even mix n match TA with Navteq.

• 4 months later...

Good question... I downloaded the latest navigon maps to get the DEM file to hopefully get the 3d terrain view (i.e. mountains). So whether it's compiled by Navigon from NASA date, or compiled by Navteq, etc. I don't know.

This doesn't typically display like this on our units, does it? I have to admit - I didn't check before I updated it... :oops: But, in the driving that I've done before the update I hadn't noticed any actual terrain changes/topographic changes on the map. As mentioned though, the DEM file is huge... It's around 250mb for the US file. The Canada file is 106mb.