AVIC411.com

Navi Narrators Are Very Annoying!

Is there any way at all to put a different voice over the navi other than Jesse or Samantha? Jesse's voice isn't so bad, but I'd rather have a female's voice. Samantha talks way to fast and her voice sucks!! My father has an $80 Garmin that has a far superior navi narrator than my $1000 F90BT. Are there any new updates to change this or hacks or something?!?

I've had my F90BT for about a month now and to be honest I think the actual navigational aspect of the system kind of sucks. Again, I'm comparing this to an $85 Garmin I was using, which in my opinion blows my $1000 F90 out of the water. I've tried changing all the setting (fastest route, economical, shortest etc...) and all the routes take me the worst way. Is this just me or do other people see this as well?

yea the nav just straight sucks, kenwoods use garmin, it looks kinda cartoony but it works great and is much easier to use, however with Ipod intergration, bluetooth, and voice rec, the $500 i paid for my f900bt more than makes up for it. what are you going to do, you want the best your going to pay for it, you want the same thing at half the price, the you get what you pay for.

yea the nav just straight sucks, kenwoods use garmin, it looks kinda cartoony but it works great and is much easier to use, however with Ipod intergration, bluetooth, and voice rec, the $500 i paid for my f900bt more than makes up for it. what are you going to do, you want the best your going to pay for it, you want the same thing at half the price, the you get what you pay for.

With correct maps and a skin that actually uses capabilities of the software, navigation in F-series blows Garmin out of the water (but then Garmin is pretty much McDonalds of navigation anyway). Unfortunately you do need to go hacking at it to even increase route calculation accuracy...

i do have my system modded, the issue is that there has been too many times that it tells me that the adress doesnt exist or it just wont let me enter it and i need to grab my magellen out of my trunk to get somwhere. whats the point of having a system as complex as this if it just doesnt work. not to mention you shouldnt have to hack any thing to get somwhere it should just work as sold, when you can just open up a garmin box plug it in and it works. dont get me wrong i love my AVIC, but it just might be the worse designed GPS built

you call it Mcdonalds, i call it billions of burger sales and 40+ years going strong and quite possibly the world leader in what they do

This unit is not what it was made out to be by the manufacturer. It's great that people have found ways to hack into it but the hacks are mostly things that should have been intergrated to the system to begin with. The navigation works well in my system, even though it does take me through the longest route. The dvd player works well also but thats about it. Oh, and it looks nice on my car.

I bought the system for it's "great voice recognition"

1. It barley ever picks up what i say, if it it does it totaly does what I didn't tell it to do.

2. The voice of the bluetooth SUCKS !! very computerized voice. I belive there is hack to fix this BUT WHY SHOULD WE HAVE TO for the amount of money spent on this system.

3. The voice on Samantha SUCKS!! she sounds horriable aswell. I belive there is hack for this also, again WHY SHOULD WE HAVE TO HACK IT in order for it to sound better!!

4.The bluetooth microphone is of low quality, it must be one of the cheapest mics Parrot has ever made and sold it to Pioneer. Now I have to buy another mic to even see if it picks my voice up better than the one supplied.

5. it doesn't support most video files either.

6. Trying to get anyone to help you on this forum is like pulling teeth when your new!

All in all the unit for the money is not worth it!

i do have my system modded, the issue is that there has been too many times that it tells me that the adress doesnt exist or it just wont let me enter it and i need to grab my magellen out of my trunk to get somwhere. whats the point of having a system as complex as this if it just doesnt work. not to mention you shouldnt have to hack any thing to get somwhere it should just work as sold, when you can just open up a garmin box plug it in and it works. dont get me wrong i love my AVIC, but it just might be the worse designed GPS built

you call it Mcdonalds, i call it billions of burger sales and 40+ years going strong and quite possibly the world leader in what they do

Well, I am sure they are very good at selling hamburgers. They can be proud of their marketing. Product still is crap, though.

Address not found is a map issue. Happens with any navigator. Which isn't, of course, to say that Pioneer didn't seriously drop the ball on this one...

This is real simple if you dont like it SELL it and go with another brand!!

Simple for you maybe but I not made of money!

"SELL it"....I'm not going to get nearly as much for this unit of what I got it for. This thing has lost it's value becuase people are realizing, that this unit is garbage!

Not only was the system pricey but then on top of that having installer installe it wasn't cheap either. Then it's also going to cost me to have it uninstalled. Are you kidding!

Trust me the first chance I get I'm unistalling it and getting another system.

Thanks for your great input medicZ71

I've had my f90 for almost a year and it has worked flawlessly without any issues at all. As for the install fee save yourself some money and DIY.., it takes little knowledge just a little research and time. I'm sorry your unhappy with yours but i wouldnt dare call the unit garbage. And i also had to save for over 6 months before i could finally get mine and my f90 still is selling for about 500 on ebay i only paid 600 for mine brand new...didnt mean to offend you just stating the obvious... kenwood would probably suit you well

I take back the word "garbage" I think it was to strong of a word to describe the unit.

Again my biggest problem with the unit it's the reason I got it to begin with, it the voice recognition. It really has me P...OFF!!

I can't have my mic any closer, it's clipped to my visor. If feel like clipping the dam thing to my shirt.

I don't know what to do at this point with it. When I got my unit it had the 2.0 update, I just updated it to the 2.006 and It' is better with the touch response.

I just installed the X910BT yesterday. So far my experience with the VR has been.

Dialing by saying the number works pretty good.

Playing music by saying "Play Artist ..." works OK

Dialing by contact name, not at all. I have tried it several times and have not got it to work once.

my voice rec works great, phone number are the tricky part since some phones store there numbers in weird or incompatable ways and that seems to cause most problems, which can be fixed in the "phonebook edit software" thread, since i did that it always call the right person the first time, no problem getting it to play music off of my Ipod either.

i do realize that the adress problems are i the mapping software, but a problem is a problem none the less, i think the biggest problem is the group of programmers pioneer hired and a lack of propper testing and de-bugging, as quite a few people on here has had to fix all there problems to make the units good

my voice rec works great, phone number are the tricky part since some phones store there numbers in weird or incompatable ways and that seems to cause most problems, which can be fixed in the "phonebook edit software" thread, since i did that it always call the right person the first time, no problem getting it to play music off of my Ipod either.

i do realize that the adress problems are i the mapping software, but a problem is a problem none the less, i think the biggest problem is the group of programmers pioneer hired and a lack of propper testing and de-bugging, as quite a few people on here has had to fix all there problems to make the units good

I tried searching for this thread "phonebook edit software" put it on the search bar and can't find it.