AVIC411.com

3.0 Update - Bug List needed

Is there a common place to list 3.0 bugs? If not, we should make one.

I bought the update card set from Crutchfield. It worked fine on my 900 and made my touch screen finally actually work ok (shouldn't have had to pay for that, but whatever). I've experienced 3 bugs so far. Some people mention others.

Mine so far:

1. System boots into Destination Menu. (15 in 3 days)

2. Screen goes black.

3. Ipod dropped frequently (did not have this problem in 2.0).

4. Clock times change inexplicably, then revert back to correct at next boot up. (Added 10/21)

5. Screen calibration won't complete. I keep touching the X's, and they move, but I never get the screen that locks in the recalibration. (Added 11/23 but has been happening for weeks)

I tried bringing the first three bugs to Pioneer's attention. I got a response that made it seem like they didn't even read my email. (abysmal customer service -- but that's for another thread or 10.)

Please, let's consolidate our 3.0 bugs.

Thanks

(Sorry if this is posted somewhere else...I didn't see one though)

My Voice Command for phone dialing cannot recognize the numbers I ask it to dial.

It was working flawlessly in 2.0 firmware.

I called Pioneer Canada Tech Support to see if they have a software patch to fix this and was told to send back the head unit for Pioneer to re-program it!

That would be a real bother as I need my GPS/BT for my daily commute/work and can't be without this unit.

Guess I'll have to put up with this bug and hope that the next firmware update will fix this.

1. Ipod drops more also

2. Sometimes when booting when the map loads an error window pops up on the map and then the map wont work at all until after reboot.

thats all i got so far ive only had it for 4 days or so and its already dropped ipod to many times to count and the error message 5 or 6 times :evil:

GPS thinks that anyone living in Oregon is in the Mountain Time Zone instead of the Pacific Time Zone (-1 hour).

If you turn off Auto Correct and set the time zone manually, the time is now correct on the map, but stays one hour ahead on the iPod and radio screens.

1. GPS doesn't initially boot quick enough to realize current position(ie asks me to select time zone because I live in Michigan and there are more than one time zone, I don't even live close to the cut off area, only about 500 miles away)

2. Bluetooth on 3.0 was a joke and I had to revert to BT 2.0

3. Longer boot time for me in 3.0?????

* BIG ONE: after working just dandy for two weeks after the 3.0/2009 maps update (CNSD-150FM), my AVIC-F500BT never gets past the "System startup in progress. Please wait." stage. It locks there forever. Tried this in the car, in the house, on car battery, on AC adaptor, nothing.

* Before then, the only big problem I noticed: video playback from SDHC is fubar. It used to work nicely... the same videos (about 1Mb/s AVC-MP4) now stutter horribly.

1. [*:k50d9p2o]When booting, will frequently go to the anti-theft password screen, even though power's not been removed from the unit.
    [*:k50d9p2o]Listening to music, phone call comes in, the unit switches to the map display; wait 3-5 seconds for display to paint before the phone menu comes up.
    [*:k50d9p2o]Occasionally when booting, the unit will play the radio or my iPod as expected, but the screen will lock up, necessitating a reboot of the whole car. (If only I could do a Ctl-Alt-Del instead on just the AVIC. :roll: )
    [*:k50d9p2o]Every time I boot, the entire VR Dictionary for my iPod must be reloaded. I've got a 64GB Touch -- this can take 3-5 minutes, even though the contents haven't changed between boots!
    [*:k50d9p2o]VR Dictionary can only be loaded if you're in the iPod screen. If you interrupt the load by switching sources, the loading does not continue in the background, and must resume from zero when you go back to the iPod source. Duh.
    [*:k50d9p2o]Lag time between screen touch and response can be ridiculously long -- 1-5 seconds are not unusual.

I know there's more, but I don't feel like going out and booting the car just to find bugs in this crappy nav unit. :evil:

1. [*:z7amf5kp]When booting, will frequently go to the anti-theft password screen, even though power's not been removed from the unit.
    [*:z7amf5kp]Listening to music, phone call comes in, the unit switches to the map display; wait 3-5 seconds for display to paint before the phone menu comes up.
    [*:z7amf5kp]Occasionally when booting, the unit will play the radio or my iPod as expected, but the screen will lock up, necessitating a reboot of the whole car. (If only I could do a Ctl-Alt-Del instead on just the AVIC. :roll: )
    [*:z7amf5kp]Every time I boot, the entire VR Dictionary for my iPod must be reloaded. I've got a 64GB Touch -- this can take 3-5 minutes, even though the contents haven't changed between boots!
    [*:z7amf5kp]VR Dictionary can only be loaded if you're in the iPod screen. If you interrupt the load by switching sources, the loading does not continue in the background, and must resume from zero when you go back to the iPod source. Duh.
    [*:z7amf5kp]Lag time between screen touch and response can be ridiculously long -- 1-5 seconds are not unusual.

I know there's more, but I don't feel like going out and booting the car just to find bugs in this crappy nav unit. :evil:

Just go into "AV Settings" and turn off "VR Catalog Mode"