AVIC411.com

Z3 2009 map updates

Read the posts in the hacks/mod section. Lot's of info about this...

All the info that I can find is on removing the HDD and hacking it to install the updated image of the Z3 software. I'm looking for an image of the update disc that can be burned to DVD for installing in the vehicle, just as the update disc is intended, without having to remove the HDD or loosing any data saved to it. I would even be open to paying someone a discounted price for the original disc, if only to sell it again to someone like me trying to avoid the possibility of killing the HDD and making the unit turn into an expensive decoration.

Thanks

It is not possible to make an image of the update disc. Pioneer has a system in place where you have to activate the disc on their website where you receive a key that you enter in the headunit when you perform the update. After the update is started you may only use the disc for that headunit, and no others.

Since the update disc is an easier route to take, we definitely would have done it that way if it were possible. Since it's not, that's why we came up with loading an image of the hard drive instead.