AVIC411.com

What wiring harness for 07 Mustang GT?

Well I ordered the right harness now (C2R-FRD1), from the same ebay store actually. They even pledged to get it to me by Saturday so I could still do my install this weekend.

I wanted to post JasonH's PM to me too as it ultimately answered my question very well. I cleared posting the PM with JasonH first of course.

Hey,

Ok, 3 options:

If you want to keep the Shaker 500 and you just want the BASIC (no data) features, you can use the Scosche FDK11 http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_762 ... FDK11.html (this is what I did, you just have to tap into the illumination and other wires manually and add a 5 volt regulator to the amp turn on to keep it from popping on ignition)

If you want to preserve all the nifty data features WITH the Shaker 500 (VSS,Reverse,etc) then you use the C2R-FRD1 (this is the easiest, but most expensive)

If you want the data features WITHOUT the Shaker 500, then you can use the Metra Axxess XSVI-5520-NAV. If you wanted to use the Shaker 500 with this adapter, it would involve a lot of work...

Thanks,

Jason

PS - FOR SALE: Metra Axxess XSVI-5520-NAV $65 via Paypal (DOH!)

Connecting wiring harnesses and have some confusion. Can anyone help me with the following questions.

BTW, connecting the Pioneer AVIC-Z110BT harness to the PAC C2R-FRD1 Harness

1. Does the C2R-FRD1 "Amp Turn On" Blue/White wire connect to the Pioneer "System Remote Control" Blue/White wire?

2. Do the C2R-FRD1 Purple and Green "SUB" RCA plugs connect to the Pioneer Red and White "Subwoofer Output" RCA plugs? If so, does it go Purple>White and Green>Red... OR Purple>Red and Green>White?

3. What does the C2R-FRD1 "RSE" RCA plugs connect to?

4. What does the C2R-FRD1 "AUX" RCA plugs connect to?

5. What does the C2R-FRD1 Red/White Parking Brake wire connect to? Anything? I have the Pioneer parking brake (light Green) wire connected to the relocated Mute and ground for the bypass.

6. What does the C2R-FRD1 Green/White "SWC" wire connect to?

I think thats if for the moment... please help, I want to try and get this done tonight. USPS didn't deliver my harness until like 5pm today.

Cheers, JR

1. Yes

2. Don't know, sorry.

3. Don't know, sorry.

4. Don't know, sorry.

5. Don't connect to harness at all unless your not going to bypass. Just ground the two wires per the bypass instructions and you will be good ta go.

6. Don't know, sorry.

PM or text me if you have any non stang related quesdtions.

1. Yes

2. Yes, but I don't remember them being weird colors... I think the Shaker 500 is mono, so I doubt it would even matter.

3. RSE is not used, it's the rear seat controls in SUV's and what not.

4. Aux is the Aux input inside the center console, you can hook it up to an aux input on the AVIC, if you want.

5. Since it's bypassed, ignore it.

6. SWC = Steering Wheel Controls, I don't think it's used, at least not in my 07.

c2r-frd1_instructions_051908.pdf

Thanks Jason. So should I clip the male RCA's that are not in use or is it okay to just leave them unconnected in back? I would imagine I could get some feedback if they end up against something, no?

Also, if I do want to maintain the AUX input (not sure what for, but if I do), I have a number of RCAs not in use on the Pioneer harness. Would the C2R-FRD1 "AUX" go into one of these?

1. Front Output - Red/White RCA

2. Rear Output - Red/White RCA

3. Audio Input - Red/White RCA

4. Rearview Camera In - Brown RCA

5. Rear Monitor Output - Red/White RCA

6. Video Input - Yellow

7. Rear Monitor Output - Yellow

My guess would be #3, no?

You can take the AUX input in the consol and connect it to the AV1 or AV2 input. Of course you would just leave the video side of those inputs unconnected but the audio would still go through. On the unit you will select AV1 or AV2 as the source.

Things were going so well... I was just trucking along, nice a steady, routing all the wiring just so... I tested the unit and it works great... sounds beautiful. Then I had to tackle the mounting bracket. Seemingly the easiest part. Well I sit here defeated. I CANNOT figure out how to get that F*&I(NG thing in there right. Does anyone have any idea how this thing is supposed to go in there? JasonH? It seems like the face bracket is about an 1/8" to wide too so no matter how I position the HU, it seems to slightly pop through the face plate.

I give up for tonight. So frustrating... I was so close.

Well, got it all done. Problem with the cheapest parts of an install is that also come with the worst instructions. Turns our I needed to snip off some of the dash kit to make it fit right. Said nothing of the sort on the instructions.

I haven't been able to take it out for spin since it's snowing here, but I can say the MSN direct is pretty cool. Lots of overage for my area. The sound out of the stock Shaker 500 system is MUCH better than before, even before any tuning. The bluetooth sync with my iphone worked perfectly and is very nice and crisp. The voice recognition is much better than my D3's CD-BTB200 unit. Searched for music, phone numbers and routes all by voice. Need to get the XM activated yet, but that show be fine.

I did the bypass, but since I'm not going to take it out in the snow, I'm not sure if it's working right.

One question, does the "Caution..." splash screen come up everytime you start it? Thats kind of annoying.

Anyway, can't wait to take it out for a spin and see how it all comes together when in use.

One question, does the "Caution..." splash screen come up everytime you start it? Thats kind of annoying.

Yes.

Also if you can turn your car on and go to the search for an address screen or start playing a video on the unit without it telling you to pull the parking brake then it is safe to assume for now your bypass is good ta go.