AVIC411.com

What wiring harness for 07 Mustang GT?

Just replaced our totaled Mustang and the insurance company was going to give me too much for my old D3 for me to take it, so it's time to upgrade to the AVIC-Z110BT. Going to pick it up from Discount Sound on Ebay. 100% feedback and they seem good to work with. Even gave me a lower than listed price.

Anyway, Can anyone confirm what the proper wiring harness number is for this install? I tried to get it from Crutchfield, but they are showing some $129.99 harness. I can't imagine that the wiring harness is $130 is it?

Also, if i decide to put my XM back in, will the old GEX-P910XM module work on the new Z110BT?

Lastly, what are good prices to pay for the following modules?

MSN Direct:

HD radio:

XM (if I need a new one):

Thanks folks.

That harness is optional. You can use a standard harness which will work fine, or use the more expensive one, such as the XSVI-5520-NAV

XSVI-5520-NAV - this harness will give you the VSS pulse, Back-up sensor, Park brake sensor, and R.A.P. (Retained Accessory Power) which after the ignition is turned off keeps the radio on for another 10mins or until you open the drivers door

Otherwise you can still use the basic harness and you have to manually find and harwire the specific wires like the VSS and backup and park brake wires manually! You'll also lose the R.A.P. feature as well....

***Also this depends if you have a Premium Audio System like the MACH 500/1000! If you do there is another type of harness... let me know!

"will the old GEX-P910XM module work on the new Z110BT?"

Supposivey the GEX-P910XM will not work on the new Z110 according to Pioneer's website...

The New model is GEX-P920XM which sells for around $100

so...

MSN Direct Tuner ND-MDT10 is $110.00

The HD Radio GEX-P20HD is $100.00

The XM Radio GEX-P920XM is $100.00

The Sirius Radio is a two part unit:

Sirius Tuner SC-C1 is $50.00

Pioneer Sirius Interface CD-SB10 is $70.00

That harness is optional. You can use a standard harness which will work fine, or use the more expensive one, such as the XSVI-5520-NAV

XSVI-5520-NAV - this harness will give you the VSS pulse, Back-up sensor, Park brake sensor, and R.A.P. (Retained Accessory Power) which after the ignition is turned off keeps the radio on for another 10mins or until you open the drivers door

Otherwise you can still use the basic harness and you have to manually find and harwire the specific wires like the VSS and backup and park brake wires manually! You'll also lose the R.A.P. feature as well....

***Also this depends if you have a Premium Audio System like the MACH 500/1000! If you do there is another type of harness... let me know!

Thanks for all the responses all. Great Forum. So I do have the Shaker 500 system, so I need a different harness than the one you mentioned? If so, do you know which one? I don't have backup sensors, but I would like to have the RAP. My D3 seemed to work that way, but only had the basic harness. Has that changed with the new Z's? If the cost is not too much ($50-70) I'd rather just go with the harness that is the most plug-and-play and gives me as much of the intended functionality as possible. I'm too old to save few bucks and try to figure out car stereo wiring anymore. BTW, pardon my ignorance, but what is the "Park Brake Sensor" and VSS Pulse?

As for the other modules, sorry, I did misspeak. I do actually have the "920" XM unit, so I should be good to go by the sound of it... IF, I even decide to start my subscription again. Wasn't listening to it much when I canceled it (before the accident that is). And that $100 lifetime subscription sounds like a helluva deal on the MSN direct. I know there are probably plenty of threads on what it's all about, but does anyone have a link maybe that could push me right there so I can get the lowdown on what it gives you exactly?

Thanks again everyone. Can't wait to get this thing in. This factory deck is KILLING ME!

PS - AVIC411 FTW! :D

Was reading this review this morning and they seem to say that the installation is tough with tapping into all the speed pulse and other functions...

http://reviews.cnet.com/car-gps-navigation/pioneer-avic-z110bt/4505-3430_7-33712800.html

isn't this as simple as using the right harness? Or is there still a lot of handwiring involved? Ihad planned on installing this myself considering how easy the my old D3 was to install, but I might second guess that if this is going to be difficult. Thoughts?

Hey Garret, so i bought the wiring harness you recommended, AXXESS XSVI-5520-NAV, but I'm seeing in other threads people talking about a C2R-FRD1 harness. And this website says it's for 05-08 Mustangs;

http://www.installer.com/item/display_item.php?it=C2R-FRD1

Do you happen to know the difference and if I got the right one?

Thanks again for all your help.