AVIC411.com

Can anyone please re-host or send the 3.0 update?

Well Boris, with all due respect, where do I start. How about the fact that Pioneer is charging a crazy amount of cash for functionality that should have been included in the very first version of the unit. Yes I know you can get it cheaper than what Pioneer is charging, however I go back to the second portion of my first sentence. The darn thing should have worked right in the first place. If they want to charge for the new maps, fine but release the FW at no charge (as the rest of the FW updates have been) so those who don't really care if we have new maps but would REALLY like the device to work well can have that and those who want the new maps can pay for them.

I like my AVIC mostly due to this forum but I gotta tell ya, Pioneer's release of a FW that just happens to be attached to a set of maps that they charge for is piss poor. I have to think that they feel releasing it in this manner will get people to purchase the maps simply because they want their device to work as it should have in the first place.

Just my one cent...not really worth two.

Well Boris, with all due respect, where do I start. How about the fact that Pioneer is charging a crazy amount of cash for functionality that should have been included in the very first version of the unit. Yes I know you can get it cheaper than what Pioneer is charging, however I go back to the second portion of my first sentence. The darn thing should have worked right in the first place. If they want to charge for the new maps, fine but release the FW at no charge (as the rest of the FW updates have been) so those who don't really care if we have new maps but would REALLY like the device to work well can have that and those who want the new maps can pay for them.

I like my AVIC mostly due to this forum but I gotta tell ya, Pioneer's release of a FW that just happens to be attached to a set of maps that they charge for is piss poor. I have to think that they feel releasing it in this manner will get people to purchase the maps simply because they want their device to work as it should have in the first place.

Just my one cent...not really worth two.

Just because you're not happy with the way they've handled it, or the quality of the release, that does not mean that it's ok to steal it, and that's what you're doing if you grab a torrent with no intention to buy it.

We all have our lines as to what we find acceptable and what we don't. Feel free to get it for free, but don't candy coat it, it's stealing, just stealing that you're ok with.

I can attest that the firmware that came with this unit left a whole lot to be desired. It seems only fair that Pioneer would release the firmware separately the way they have done it in the past. No one is claiming that it is a justification for stealing or for piracy. Anyway, perhaps Pioneer will release the firmware update separately after sales have tapered off. I'm just not sure if this is worth a flame post to bash others for installing so-called unofficial updates to their units. This portion of the forum is dedicated to, among other things, hacks, which are unofficial in nature. Perhaps your efforts to combat piracy are in the wrong place.

I'm just not sure if this is worth a flame post to bash others for installing so-called unofficial updates to their units. This portion of the forum is dedicated to, among other things, hacks, which are unofficial in nature. Perhaps your efforts to combat piracy are in the wrong place.

Steve, there are plenty of hacks and modifications that can be done without the need to violate IP rights, and there are times where the files you download are easier to use then the official ones, it's a slippery slope, but the one thing that could really hurt this community is if Pioneer were to find a strong undercurrent of folks involved in distributing 3.0 unofficially.

Do I wish they split the map and the firmware? yes, but they don't always listen to me :)

Just because you're not happy with the way they've handled it, or the quality of the release, that does not mean that it's ok to steal it, and that's what you're doing if you grab a torrent with no intention to buy it.

We all have our lines as to what we find acceptable and what we don't. Feel free to get it for free, but don't candy coat it, it's stealing, just stealing that you're ok with.

Very well put: regardless I stumbled across this on Megaupload (requires free registration but the files are available through ALL ISPs)

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=DK3C8D2S

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=7CXCFRFD

(As always I am not telling people they need these files but here they are for those interested)

(And admin's please delete those links if that is in anyway deemed inappropriate)

• 2 weeks later...

Awesome, got it downloaded, thank you. Can you link me to a step-by-step on how to install this? It has a folder inside called IDT_v3.5, that has a bunch of subfolders in that as well. Not quite sure what needs to go onto an SD card or in what order. Thanks!