AVIC411.com

I keep my ipod connected at all times.

dang....was hoping for a different answer...LOL

I would ask what version of Ipod/Iphone... but I should be upgrading from a 1st gen 8GB Iphone(used solely for an IPod), to a 64GB 3rd gen IPod in the next few days.... So that should cover at least that much...

although, with the above answer, I figure for it to not be an Ipod issue... I just noticed how long it takes to rebuild the VR dictionary when you plug in an IPod... or change Ipods... So I had to ask...

Has anyone opened a case with Pioneer about it?

I gave up on trying to report issues to them a long time ago. Too frustrating. If you do address it with them, they will try and deny it is a problem and they will tell you to send your unit in for repair. Tell them you are not going to send your unit in and that you want them to write the problem up as a possible software issue and that you want a case number for your report. Otherwise you will be wasting your time. And that may not even work. Also try and get the reps name. Every time I call, I get the same jack ass that tries to finish my sentences before I finish and he always comes to the wrong conclusion of what he thinks I am trying to say. Seriously, I have spoken to tech support reps in India that are more helpful then any experience I have had with Pioneer support. They are the worst.

Ouch... that sucks.... I always just write them via email...

I did finally reproduce this bug this morning.... It is a stupid little bug isn't it?

It only took seconds for the Ipod VR to come back after hitting OK... But my BT was not connected to my phone. All VR worked, with the exception of making phone calls via BT...

I was able to just run through the sources(SWIPS) to get to BT streaming source, and it initiated the BT pairing, and I was then able to make calls via VR again... Not much of a work-a-round, but better than rebooting...

Spoke with Pioneer support about this yesterday. They are aware of the problem and agree that it is a software "bug". The guy said they are actively working on a fix and we should expect a new firmware update in several weeks. I'll beleive it when I see it, but there is hope.

Bruce