AVIC411.com

F90BT to Z110BT

I just ordered the Z110BT it will replace the F90BT I installed yesterday. Does anyone know if the harness is the same so I dont have to redo it? Also to do the bypass which wire in the hardness is ground so I can just crimp the green and mute wire to it?

Also my dad has an escalade EXT and he just installed the 910BT they put a module so he can use his steering wheel controls to control the volume etc.

I have a Cadillac CTS do you know if I will be able to do the same with the Z110BT? My steering wheel controls have been useless since I installed the F90BT.

Thanks Guys

Well there are 3 things I am trying to find out if they are the same which will make my install easier

1.microphone (does the z110bt have a better mic?)

2. Power harness (finders crossed)

3. RCA harness (fingers crossed)

if all 3 are the same install should take 5 minutes. My f90bt has the bypass mod and it seems the same...

I confirmed the Power Cord Assy is the same (CDP1095)

everything else is different. It was a hassle running the GPS antenna. Atleast I wont have to do the bypass mod and the speed signal cable will already be connected since its in the power cord.

I will have to replace the RCA cord, Microphone and GPS Antenna

The instructions for the Z bypass are at the top of this forum. People have stated that the harnesses for the units are the same but I can not for sure. The microphone is probably the same as what you have, it does look different but that doesn't mean anything. I have had no problems with the mic. The RCA harness on the Z has connections the F series doesn't have so it is different. It has an AV2 connection and the ipod cable for the Z has its own AV connection.

• 1 month later...

My call quality apparently got better going from the F90 to the Z110. Never bothered to switch mics

AVIC-Z110BT parts list :

http://www.pacparts.com/model.cfm?model ... N=49982084

AVIC-F90BT parts list :

http://www.pacparts.com/model.cfm?model ... N=49982084

Using the non-Z110 mic with a Z110 typically results in terrible VR and call quality.

• 2 weeks later...

Santa brought me the 110BT so I'll be doing this upgrade shortly. A couple of contradictory things I've read about the power cable - on one hand the claim is that they are compatible (good), however the bypass moves the mute wire to different places on the connector. Are both target pins on the connector free, and it just a matter of using the correct pin for the specific nav unit?

Thanks

Upgrade went well and new unit is awesome (I took the opportunity to replace the previous crappy dash kit with the sleeker Scosche one). The biggest difference is the much higher volume at lower settings. I also like the sound staging feature in the sound settings menu.

I was however suprised that on the F90BT install the illumination wire was not connected, and yet at night the map screen would switch into night mode. This is not the case on the Z110BT, as the screen stays in day mode all the time and so I'll need to go in and tap into a line that has 12v when the lights are on (made more challenging given the factory illumination signall is digital and interior lights are always on...)

Cheers