AVIC411.com

Switches to Ipod when turned on???

I tried another ipod and it still does it. I am using the 80 gig classic (i think thats what its called)

I think its an issue with how long the car sits, or something to do with XM and Sirius being connected as well as the ipod.

For those of you that its only happening once in a while, any idea how long the car was sitting before that time. I think it happens any time I leave the car sitting more than 12 hours or so. That made me think it was a battery issue with the ipod, but when I take it out of the glovebox, its always fully charged.

My ipod issue was different than yours but maybe the solution will help someone. My problem was that the ipod(80gb classic) was turning off between tracks. The head unit took this as the ipod being disconnected and switched the AV source to "off" and requiring that I disconnect/reconnect the usb to get my F700 to recognize the ipod again. I made the guess that the head unit was supplying low voltage to the ipod and that when it switched tracks the power demand was enough higher that it choked. So I bought a 2-into-1 usb cable and I now supplement the power to the ipod with a 12V to usb lighter adapter. Result: rock-solid performance from the ipod. Worked for me.

What kind of temps are you guys seeing?

I only ask as I've come across alot of stuff on the web about IPods and IPhone not fully working when left in the cars in cold temps... Although Apple claims much lower operating temps in their specs, real-world seems to show different...

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=ip ... d+in+cold+

Might have something to do with it???