AVIC411.com

Ebay Scammer and F-900BT

Just wanted to let everyone know. I was scammed on Ebay. I had purchased a AVIC-F900BT. I have purchased hundreds of items on Ebay. This is a first for me. I had even talked to the guy on the phone! I have talked to paypal and will be refunded, so it's not a loss. Just wanted everyone to know. LOOK OUT.

Phillip

Just wanted to let everyone know. I was scammed on Ebay. I had purchased a AVIC-F900BT. I have purchased hundreds of items on Ebay. This is a first for me. I had even talked to the guy on the phone! I have talked to paypal and will be refunded, so it's not a loss. Just wanted everyone to know. LOOK OUT.

Phillip

what was his username? what price did he sell you the unit for? what was the actual scam? How can I possibly look out for a scammer when I don't know anything about it ;)

The account was actually a good account that had been hacked into. The user has been removed from Ebay. I guess when a deal looks to good to be true......it probably is. The only thing about that theory is, that right now in our economy, you never know what someone is really trying to get rid of.

Looking back on it, I knew something was up. I called the guy and asked the differences in the 700 and 900. He kept telling me they both played DVDs I knew something was up. I ordered the 900 just because I knew it did.

Geez. You guys are tough company.

All I was doing is making you aware that it can happen on Ebay and to always pay with Paypal. The reason I didn't go into detail is because the seller has been removed from Ebay. There was no need to warn you not to buy anything from him, because you couldn't. If you must know the sellers name was AudioNext24. One of the members here actually sent me a PM and we discussed. He had been suckered by the same guy the same weekend.

There are probably some here who would post nonsence in order to led others to believe that Ebay is a terrible place to shop just to direct sales back to retail stores. But, no doubt there are scammers on Ebay, and retail stores have there own sucker game. I have heard some real bullcrap come out of sales peoples mouth, just to sell you equipment. Its always buyer beware no matter where you shop for electronics...cars...almost anything expensive.

1. Make sure your PayPal account has a different password than the email account that receives notifications from PayPal.

2. Make sure your Ebay account has a different password than the email account that receives notifications from Ebay.

3. Make sure your Ebay and PayPal passwords are not the same.

Doing this will make it easier to survive in the online world. :D

Hey if you got this guys phone number, and it was in the USA, maybe you can track him down and beat him senseless, or report him to HIS local police, depends on how you feel about it. :lol: At least give the number to PayPal security. Hopefully he didn't steal the phone from the original seller, otherwise the hope of tracking him down will evaporate. :cry: Maybe the thief is already across the border by now.

You got scammed because you never received the AVIC?

I also got ripped off by this guy!!! I purchased the F700BT model from him, shortly after puchase his ebay account was closed and he wouldnt respond to emails and his phone didnt work. I am currently waiting for paypal to refund my money. There is also .com sites that are scams, http://gpsnavigationsystem.biz/product_ ... cts_id=530 and the other one had digitalcameras.com or something along those lines.

Usually you can google these websites for reviews and find out if they give the run around. Usually if something(price) is to good to be true, then it's a scam!!!

yeah, Paypal is great. I also got scammed a couple of years ago with a cell phone. I got my money back from PayPal. I now only shop from ebay retailers with a min 99% feedback rating. Ebay retailers are generally safe