AVIC411.com

Route message every 400 feet

Hi,

I wonder if anyone else have been experiencing this problem:

I often drive on I-5 between Irvine and CA-55 on my way to see customers. When I have the X910 providing routing as I drive along, I always get routing instructions every 400 feet or so on a particular stretch of I-5. For example:

I merge on to the I-5 northbound from CA-133. The X910 will, of course, tell me to enter the freeway, and that's ok, I expect that. Next, it will tell me "keep right in 400 feet on to I-5 North, Santa Ana freeway" and it will repeat that message every 400 to 500 feet until I reach CA-55 which is a couple of miles further north.

This is exceptionally annoying. Why does it do this? Why not just tell me to stay on I-5 Northbound for so-and-so many miles as it does elsewhere?

If anyone from Pioneer is reading this, please send me a PM with instructions on how to obtain technical support from your company.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Getting the same problem on mine -- driving from the Inland Empire to Los Angeles on the 10; at random intervals (usually around exits) it kept telling me to "continue on I-10 West"--that got really old quickly.

Re: TeleAtlas, I thought Pioneer got its data from NAVTEQ?

Getting the same problem on mine -- driving from the Inland Empire to Los Angeles on the 10; at random intervals (usually around exits) it kept telling me to "continue on I-10 West"--that got really old quickly.

Re: TeleAtlas, I thought Pioneer got its data from NAVTEQ?

No guarantees that it will work, but you could try adding

[debug]

supress_trivial_left=1

supress_trivial_right=1

to your SYS.TXT. That might make it a bit less talkative.

I didn't see Pioneer listed as a product that TeleAtlas has updates for. NAVTEQ doesn't either. They have the updates for the factory installed GPS in the Nissans (I drive and Altima) but neither listed Pioneer as a product that they have updates for.

I didn't see Pioneer listed as a product that TeleAtlas has updates for. NAVTEQ doesn't either. They have the updates for the factory installed GPS in the Nissans (I drive and Altima) but neither listed Pioneer as a product that they have updates for.

If you go into the navigation settings and click on the map info icon it will show you the company thats provides the data and data version for the maps of each state.