AVIC411.com

anyone using XM nav traffic?

Oh god, don't remind me. It took me DAYS to get navtraffic activated. No one at "listener care" had a clue what I was talking about. It finally got resolved when I found the VP in charge of NavTraffic and sent him an email.
[quote name="logan0171"]I activated mine last Saturday. Took about 5 mins. Called the 800 number and asked to have Navtraffic added to my account. That was all. I called pretty late a night. That might have helped with wait times.[/quote]

yeah today I called and I got through immediately, so now I have it up and running. So far it's pretty cool.
Its an awesome service!!!

Im not sure what they told you, but the first time I called, the guy told me you could NOT purchase the XM subscription at a volume rate when you have NavTraffic. Thats not true. I called and spoke to a manager, and you indeed can purchase the XM service at any discount band you want completely separate from the NavTraffic. You also can buy the NavTraffic in an upfront subscription, but there is ZERO discount in doing so. I decieded to keep the traffic service 'month to month', and keep the money in my pocket until they took it out monthly as there was no insentive to give them the cash upfront (like the audio).

Anyone get a better deal????

~Sh
Yeah I'm doing the same thing. Honestly I didn't want to give them any money up front peroid so i'm pretty happy they're not forcing contracts or anything at this point. Their yearly discount wasn't worth it and I guess they don't offer a lifetime anymore? That might have been worth it while it was available.
.... and Ill add this....

After avoiding just 1 traffic jam, the $3.00 a month is an incredible bargain! Not only do you get traffic flow graphics in most urban areas, but I was very delighted to find out that you get accident reports and road construction warnings no matter where you are at.

Was driving thru central CA yesterday, and it alerted me to 4 traffic accidents along CA 99. And until then I thought it was only restricted to the major markets.

Worth every penny

~Sh
I love xm navtraffic. I live in the DC area so traffic around here is a mess. Theres always construction and accidents around here and the unit has been accurate so far.

Personally I jumped on the XM deal where I paid $60/yr for the radio portion +$4 for nav so $108/yr. for both...