AVIC411.com

Poor Sirius Sound Quality on F90BT

I've had the F90bt installed for about 6 months in my car, with the SCC1 Sirius Tuner + Pioneer CD-SB10 Sirius interface. The sound quality to me has always seemed subpar only on the Sirius. I also have HD Radio and iPOD which are both beautiful in terms of sound quality. But then when I switch on the Sirius, it seems as if the audio is terribly compressed with a low bitrate, alot of hissing occurs on high notes and lows are very muddy. I've tried making adjustments with the equalizer and other sound system settings in the radio, but it just doesn't do much to brighten up the poor quality coming in from the Sirius tuner or interface, whichever is the culprit.

Is this normal for the pioneer sirius setup to have such poor quality? I've listened to sirius on a stock Dodge Charger radio, and it sounds like cd quality. Why is this aftermarket Pioneer setup so subpar to an OEM setup?

Had the same impression after I installed Sirius with my F90BT...a very "thin" sound. It turns out that you can call Sirius and have your subscription upgraded to a higher bitrate which does improve the sound quality, though it costs an additional $2/month. Was not able to do this online, had to call a customer rep.

Had the same impression after I installed Sirius with my F90BT...a very "thin" sound. It turns out that you can call Sirius and have your subscription upgraded to a higher bitrate which does improve the sound quality, though it costs an additional $2/month. Was not able to do this online, had to call a customer rep.

How much does it help? I never even listen to the music channels because its to "tinny". Howard Stern is the only thing that sounds right and if it wasn't for him I would probably cancel. I find it absurd that they offer a substandard product and offer you to listen to it correctly for extra money. Horse S41T if you ask me.

Are you sure you upgraded your satellite receiver sound quality and not the online player sound quality?

I'm not sure if it's the service that's to blame. It seems to me like its either the crappy Sirius tuner or the Pioneer bus interface. Like I said, go sit in any new Dodge with Sirius and a premium factory stereo. I know someone with a new Dodge Charger that has a boston accoustics factory system. Sirius in his car actually sounds like "CD quality" 128kbps.

• 2 weeks later...