AVIC411.com

Just got back from CES new firmware

I talked about the z110bt and asked about firmware updates and looks like after asking 5 reps one told me there will be a new firmware release in may. that is all i know and updates include running Pandora on the unit itself with a iphone attached and a user interface similar or an exact match to the AVIC-X920BT's firmware. Cant wait and im not sure if this cost money. i played with the new interface a little. ill be at ces tomorrow to get more info.

http://i50.tinypic.com/161xm50.jpg

Thanks for posting the info. I'm surprised we haven't heard anything out of Pioneer's competition for nav (besides the new Alpine INA-W900, which looks like crap. BT is an addon? REALLY? It's 2010 for Christ's sake, and that interface looks horrible) and no word yet from Kenwood/Garmin, JVC, Eclipse or anyone else on new stuff for in dash. Hopefully someone will get some videos of this new X920 interface in action.

Also, did any Pioneer reps comment on what they plan on using for traffic after 2012?

I was also asking about if this is still going to be their top of the line unit and if there was going to be a "better" unit and looks like no which is good because they will focus on this and not leave it in the dust. They had 3 avic 110bt's on the floor which looks like there still promoting it. as far as the update i was only told more of a user interface upgrade with that Pandora and my guess is they will also add a couple of bug fixes and a faster run time.

It would make sense that it would already have the update. That is, if there is going to be an update and that it is going to be released in May. None of this is official. One guy from Pioneer saying there will be an update doesn't mean its going to happen. We will have to see.

I totally agree. Don't you think they would mention this though at the show... I mean what does it hurt? Seems to me they are not saying anything on purpose. They must be working on something. Their top of the line z model can't be shown up by the x model... Not that it is but it definitely has some people ready to switch. I was going to purchase the 110 in the near future but now I am thinking of just holding out for a couple of months and seeing what plays out.

i don't think there saying anything because the new model they have AVIC-X920BT is the same exact thing as the 110bt just a different name a different button layout. pioneer whats to promote the new firmware in a new model and i just asked again about this being on the 110bt and they said they weren't aloud to tell me anything about it even though i already know.

I don't understand why they would use accelerometers and other crap to tell you how good your economy is with the new eco-routing thing, when they could just hook up to the OBD2 port and have the exact vehicle info including true MPG that could be tracked. They would also have the option for custom gages. This would be a simple thing, and nobody does it. It just makes me look harder at a Car PC.