AVIC411.com

Abb's New 'REDBLAST THEME' -Feb 15th '10

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Photoshop is all that anybody uses on an amateur level or professional level. I have been using PS for years to change and alter photos and pictures.

i have used ps a lot too, to edit photos but i can't get it to open the image.res.

a (very) brief how to, maybe?

Photoshop is all that anybody uses on an amateur level or professional level. I have been using PS for years to change and alter photos and pictures.

i have used ps a lot too, to edit photos but i can't get it to open the image.res.

a (very) brief how to, maybe?

Just use 7-zip to extract the file into your prefered area of your pc.

You should be able to open that file with photoshop and make changes.

Once done making changes go back to 7-zip and find the two files, Abbs original file and the file you extacted and made changes, and just cut and paste the new file to the original file.

I am using gimp to edit the images, not photoshop and that has been the easiest way for me to do it without creating unwanted subfolders.

i have the file extraced to my desktop but i get a photoshop error"cannot complete request because it is the wrong kind of document.

Hmmm, when you extract the .res file, you should have an 'image' folder. In tha folder you have four subfolders, 'Main', 'AV', 'Tel', and 'Common'. All your images that you want to alter, replace or change are in the 'Common' & 'AV' folders. They are in '.bmp' form which PS can open.

It is best for you to do a search. There is a tutorial about opening the image.res file using 7z and then repacking it again. I read it but I forget what it was called or what the topic was. It is in here somewheres though. Good luck

ahh.. got it. i didn't realize the .res file was zipped. i was thinking that once i extracted the image.res file PS would open it, now i see i have to extract it also. i use winrar and it does not see this as a zipped file. once i set default to open with winrar i was able to extract and now see the 4 folders. thanks for the help guys. this is what i have been looking for. i will burn the wee hours on this.

thanks for all answers.

It looks so cool. I put the res file on my f90 when I had 2.006. Will this work the same now that I have updated to 3.0?

I'd love to use this again, just nervous. The res file shouldn't affect anything else, right?

This mod is FOR the 3.0, so yes, it will work. The only difference in the AV / Main section is the telephone box.

• 1 month later...

Hello. First off LOVE the theme. But i wanted it in Blue. So i decided to practice my photoshop skills and redid all the icons with blue. For my first atemp at anything like this i am happy.

BUT----

When i load it onto my unit it sticks at the boot screen. After a little trial and error i realized that If i take the original RedBlast Image.res unzip it and then turn around and rezip it It then it no longer works on my F90. I am using 7zip and i tried saving it as Image.zip then renaming it to Image.res and i have also tried just setting 7zip to save it as Image.res. Whats the deal. Could some one tell me there settings for 7zip?

Thanks

Michael

Hello. First off LOVE the theme. But i wanted it in Blue. So i decided to practice my photoshop skills and redid all the icons with blue. For my first atemp at anything like this i am happy.

BUT----

When i load it onto my unit it sticks at the boot screen. After a little trial and error i realized that If i take the original RedBlast Image.res unzip it and then turn around and rezip it It then it no longer works on my F90. I am using 7zip and i tried saving it as Image.zip then renaming it to Image.res and i have also tried just setting 7zip to save it as Image.res. Whats the deal. Could some one tell me there settings for 7zip?

Thanks

Michael

Save it as 7z, and then just change it to image.res

BUT----

Thanks

Michael

Using 7Zip and zip it to Image.7z before renaming it back to Image.Res.

On another note, BMP modified by PS should be instructed to keep the original size, color dept and file size.

There is already a blue theme made by Abb. Search for it in this forum.

Yippy!

It works Or it works for now and i might find something wrong with it later. :wink:

I did see the blue theme abb has up but i liked the looks of the "clouds/haze" the top and bottom bars have in this theme. The only thing i might change will be the main menu buttons. but that is a little later down the road

if anyone wants a copy of my image.res let me know and i can post it. But bewared something might be wrong with it I was confident with it until i read the post from Chuck

"On another note, BMP modified by PS should be instructed to keep the original size, color dept and file size"

All i did was open it use the color replacement tool and re saved it. it took about 2hours to redo all the images

thanks for the help

Michael