AVIC411.com

MY avic z2 seems to be draining my battery

so this is kinda weird, i bought a new car and moved all my shit over to it, including backup cam, ipod connector, and xm with nav traffic.

any ideas for what wires I should check to see what might be causing a drain? its been so long i dont remember what all the wires do now unfortunatly.

I also have Garret's upgrade from a year ago on my had and i love it you should all get it.

i figured it out! the backup cam for some reason had the accessory and power leads on the same one. I dont know why I did that when I installed it. but the draw dropped from .3333 amps to .0900 amps so i think we are good now

That is the reason that I was asking if you had the backup camera installed... Glad you found the problem!!

• 3 weeks later...

I am having the same problem as you - same accessories too.

I'm just a little confused from your post and wanted to double check - "the backup cam for some reason had the accessory and power leads on the same one" are you saying that when you installed it you connected the backup-cameras accs and power wire to the same wire on your car? And to fix it you just rewired it so one went to a constant 12v+, and the other to an ign/accessory wire?