AVIC411.com

New Avic-X920BT and Avic-Z120BT User Manuals!!!

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like the Z2/Z3 has a few more features than the new Z. It think I will keep my Z2 for a while until things get a little better.

Huh? The only two features that the previous Z's have that the new one doesn't is Vehicle Dynamics view, and a HDD... And IMO a HDD is old technology, and is hardly a feature... Flash ROM/RAM is where we need to be going...(still just a little too $$$ ATM)

Every time I jump in my buddy's truck(the one I sold my Z3 to), I can't help but to realize how painful it is to operate... It's also ugly with all the writing all over the face plate...

Although, I must admit... If I didn't have an IPod, the Z110BT would be borderline useless to me...

Forget the entire Pioneer series from the Z110 and the X920 on, but there is an improvement over the Z2.

The x910 uses the newer ipod a/v interface (same as the Z110) and has a better navigation system.

I don't see Pioneer improving their navigation system for years, if ever, so you might as well pick up an x910 for the mean time.

The x910 appears to be an upgrade as far as the navigation goes. It uses a different navigation engine than the Z1,Z2, Z3, and features things like the ability to search for POI along a route. The ipod interface is also lightning fast.

My Z3 goes on eBay today....

Site unseen going strictly by the info available on these three units, I'd say the Kenwood 9960 would be superior. HIstory has also told me that it is likely to be an unreliable unit and won't likely work as anticipated. The reason I went back to Pioneer with the Z110BT and I will be updating it to Z120BT when available. Maybe the 9960 will actually live up to expectations this year but for the $2000+ tag on it, I am not willing to take that chance once again after getting burned with the 814 last year. At least we can be pretty certain as to what the X920BT and Z120BT will perform like when they hit the market.

Yea on paper the Kenwood appears to be superior in every way. I also like you thought that last year when I got the 9140 but was disappointed at how poorly it worked and how archaic the UI was. If I do consider this unit, it wont be till after I have put it through its full paces at a local shop.

Kenwood always seems better, all the way back to the flip out KVT days. Then you use it and are disappointed. Its frustrating that nobody can come up with something to challenge Pioneer's engineers to put out an even better product, but until someone does I am sticking with Pioneer