AVIC411.com

iPod artwork horibly pixelated

Sounds about right.... I do know that there are a couple of different res artwork in my Itunes library...

Odds are that for what ever reason, your IPod synced the wrong ones... In fact, I have at least one artist that I know of, that actually has the wrong artwork...as in an entirely different group...

I've also seen this with the HU I have in my golf cart... It does support IPhone/IPod, but I seldomly use it... instead I use a thumbdrive... anyways, I take a couple of folders from my ITunes music folder, and rename the extensions to .MP3, so that the HU can read them... for whatever reason, it likes to pick the small res picture, and it too looks like garbage...

Here's the HU...

http://www.amazon.com/Jensen-VM8013HD-3 ... =1-1-spell

And here's the thumb drive...<---kick butt little guy....and pretty decent price...

http://www.amazon.com/Super-Talent-Flas ... 044&sr=1-2

This one looks like poo...

DSC01498.jpg

DSC01499.jpg

This one actually looks OK...

DSC01500.jpg

So is this only a known issue for the iphone & the itouch? Anyone know if this is an issue for a newer ipod?

Thank you.

What Ipod do you have?

Have you tried to download all album artwork in Itunes lately? I do know that there is at least two different resolutions... one for regular play, and one for coverflow....

Here's an example.... I'm not exactly sure on Mac OS... but in Windows, if you hit ALT, then select tools>folder options>view>then uncheck "Hide system operating files".... you should see the two... Folder.jpg and AlbumArtSmall.jpg

If not, then try to use the download album artwork function in Itunes...

post-11718-12872761288551_thumb.jpg

So is this only a known issue for the iphone & the itouch? Anyone know if this is an issue for a newer ipod?

Thank you.

It was reported a while back in with the F series that this seemed to be only an issue with the iPhone/Touch and that other iPod models were not affected. I used the same iPod then with my F series that I now use with my Z and I have never had this problem.

Sorry for the delay. I have commandeered my sons old iPod nano and will test that, and iPod Touch and the iPhone 3GS to see if there is a big difference in pixelation. The small icons look okay, but the expanded one looks just horrible. I will post pictures today to demonstrate what I mean.

As promised here are the pictures. The first set is from music on my iPhone 3GS and the second set is from the iPod Nano fatty.

Pixelated Small. Not so bad, but not good. (From iPhone)

IMG_0003.jpg

Really pixelated large. (From iPhone)

IMG_0004.jpg

Good small image. (From iPod)

IMG_0005.jpg

Good large image. (From iPod)

IMG_0006.jpg

From these pictures and my tests it is clear that the Z has issues displaying album artwork from the iPhone. My iPhone has the latest update 3.1.3 on it. I also noticed when I downloaded a new album from the iTunes store on the iPhone and after downloading I connected it to the Z that no album artwork showed. I also tried to completely reload my iPhone from scratch and even reimport my music library into iTunes and check for artwork. None of this helped at all. This is very annoying since in their press material they say that this "beautifully displays album artwork"

As mentioned by myself above. This has been an issue with the iPhone before with other units. It may be an issue being caused by the iPhone not outputting the proper resolution to the TV OUT plugin and not necessarily the unit.

It is definitely an issue with the way that Apple changed the album artwork configurations on 3.x firmwares and above. That being said the AVIC is pulling the lowest res album thumbnail from the file (It is one of a few artwork files stored in an iTunes media file). I highly suspect that when the new firmware comes out this will be fixed as the support matrix for iPhones has been upped to 3GS 3.1.2. To say they support that, they would have had to test it and fix this issue.

For now this is just a minor point in an overwhelmingly great deck. I would love to see it fixed but I would not defect to another brand because of this. I guess we will see if this is fixed when the z120bt code is released for the z110bt.