AVIC411.com

Writing a frontend ?

right.. had my unit for a week or so and had a look at afew bits and I'm thinking is it worth having ago to write my own frontend.

I am looking at coding it using visual studio 2008.. vb.net. here's a few questions.. It .net installed already in the WinCE image ? Is it even worth me having a play ?

I'm assuming the Menu / Nav and other buttons are just keypress but how is the volume controlled etc ? Is the GPS just linked to a com port ?

Lots of questions.. but first steps and all.

thanks

Steve

right.. had my unit for a week or so and had a look at afew bits and I'm thinking is it worth having ago to write my own frontend.

I am looking at coding it using visual studio 2008.. vb.net. here's a few questions.. It .net installed already in the WinCE image ? Is it even worth me having a play ?

I'm assuming the Menu / Nav and other buttons are just keypress but how is the volume controlled etc ? Is the GPS just linked to a com port ?

Lots of questions.. but first steps and all.

thanks

Steve

If you look at the Service Manual (search this forum, I think carver's got a link in one of his posts) you'll get a schematic of the AV board and a block diagram of the Navi (no schematic) that will answer a lot of your hardware questions. I've got a build of HaRET going that recognizes the ARM1136 core and the iPaq 310/Pioneer AVIC F-series, but haven't gotten very far in the GPIO and IRQ mapping to figure out the button press setup. Pretty sure the GPS is COM7, and COM0 talks to the uCOM ASIC on the AV board to control volume, source, IP Bus, etc. COM1 would be your serial console, if you populate the header (don't think it's stuffed by default).

If you look at the Service Manual (search this forum, I think carver's got a link in one of his posts) you'll get a schematic of the AV board and a block diagram of the Navi (no schematic) that will answer a lot of your hardware questions. I've got a build of HaRET going that recognizes the ARM1136 core and the iPaq 310/Pioneer AVIC F-series, but haven't gotten very far in the GPIO and IRQ mapping to figure out the button press setup. Pretty sure the GPS is COM7, and COM0 talks to the uCOM ASIC on the AV board to control volume, source, IP Bus, etc. COM1 would be your serial console, if you populate the header (don't think it's stuffed by default).

Com4 is TMC/MSND depending on model, too.