AVIC411.com

iPod Not Pause when you switch sources?

So I just noticed yesterday, I thought the ipod/phone paused when you switched sources, but mine continues to play. Is this just how it works or do I have a defective unit/cable?

Also, it doesn't look like the iPod/phone records play count when played through the Z110. Do other people notice this? Not a huge deal, but I have some useful smart playlists based off of play count which now start to become worthless.

Thanks

• 2 years later...

My source pausing doesn't work on either my Z110BT updated to the Z130BT software or on my new Z140BH. I have a iPod Touch, which at some point has been reset in the last 2 years (that's how long the one system has been in the GTO). It never fixed the issue.

Hell if my iPod is connected and I start the car on XM or FM it starts playing the iPod in the background.

Also my Play Count IS updated. I know this because when I plug into my PC my counts go up and the iPod Touch is ONLY used in the two cars (it exists for that purpose, I use my iPhone as my "regular" iPod).

I can test again to see if the source switching works, but I'm going to say that this is how it is suppose to operate (although I can't get my iPhone 4S to play Bluetooth Audio on either unit, so maybe they just hate me).

I can say that resetting the iPod has no effect other than to waste an hour+ of my life. I reformatted, copied my music back over, and the "no pause when switching inputs" problem persists. I guess the next step could be doing a factory reset on my head unit but that seems like another big pain.

Any other thoughts?

-Brett.

EDIT - This happened to me again, so I came back here to remember what I did. I saw a post later in this thread by IdentityWithheld with a much simpler answer. No reset involved. 

FIXED!

Here's what I did:

• Went through all menus and noted the settings that I had so that I could restore what I wanted after the reset.
  • Disconnect car's battery for 5 minutes
  • Reconnect battery
  • Turn ignition to ACC so Pioneer powers on
  • Hold MODE + "Track <" when splash screen appears
  • Tap reset

Once this was done I had a fully reset Z110 and guess what? Now when I switch from the iPod to another source it once again pauses the iPod! This was driving me nuts, glad I figured it out.

Side note - The timing of when this feature stopped working roughly coincides with a visit to my VW dealer's service department for some recall work. I'm pretty sure they had to disconnect the battery to do this, maybe something got mixed up then?

-Brett.

I'm too lazy to reset both my units and reprogram all my settings just so the iPod pauses (and probably so my iPhone syncs properly with the Bluetooth audio). Why this didn't work from the factory on mine is beyond me. I just installed my Z140 2 weeks ago.

I'll just pause/un-plug my iPod when I want to switch sources.