AVIC411.com

iPhone/Touch 4.0 OS fixes crappy album art issues..

Posted the X series since I have one but noone seems to care! I thought this was one of the bigger problems Everyone had. Anyway all album art is coming in crystal clear now(actually much better than some of the regular iPods I tried on my x910 also)

I was just hoping it Would be compatible and thats it, did not expect it to fix the album art thing

You have IPhone OS 4.0 already?? I thought they just had a sneak preview of the features, but wasn't aware they released it already...I just went to apple site and it still says its "upcoming OS 4.0"

The SDK's are available to the development community, it's very possible for someone to have the 1/3 finished SDK development version. It's however not available to general users.

We've always said that the issue was not the AVIC, but the way the iPhone and touch presented the artwork.

You have IPhone OS 4.0 already?? I thought they just had a sneak preview of the features, but wasn't aware they released it already...I just went to apple site and it still says its "upcoming OS 4.0"

The SDK's are available to the development community, it's very possible for someone to have the 1/3 finished SDK development version. It's however not available to general users.

We've always said that the issue was not the AVIC, but the way the iPhone and touch presented the artwork.

Right... And if there's not a picture to prove it, it didn't happen....

Wow you guys are tough. All you have to do is have a developer add your udid to there account and you are all set to install the beta of 4.0. Look it up, the download for 4.0 is there, all you need to do is get added. Go on eBay and look, I paid $8.50 for mine to get added to some guys account. The auctions get pulled quickly though since developers are not supposed to sell there available slots. You can get a slot there or on one of the phone forum sites.

I do this every year when the new OS is announced, this way you get it early.

Will get some pics or a video later since your all doubters

Sorry mate, not doubting, was just verifying where you got OS4.0 from. If it fixes it, great :)

However, doesn't really fix my current situation where I'm connecting an older Ipod Video 5.5(80gig) to the unit and get semi-blurry artwork, as I'm assuming they're not going to be releasing firmware fixes for that anytime soon :P

• 2 months later...

Confirmed here as well, the album art is very nice now. However, and it just may be me, when I want to scroll up and down on the artist or album tab it is very slow. Also, say I want to go to the artist that start with an "R" I would click the alphabet list over to "R" and click it, then it would go directly to the R's. That no longer works after the upgrade.

Thats what i find also. I can no longer go to search alphabetically. Tapping the letter no longer does anything... Strange. If his problem and the slow scrolling was fixed it would be perfect. Lucky i still have voice activation to search by artist but even that pretty unreliable, more so because I'm australian and it doesn't really like my accent