AVIC411.com

Has Anyone Attempted A Sirius Mod Yet? (developer here)

Hey folks,

We all know the Sirius problems. One line of Text. One piece of information at a time (either station number, station name, artist name, song name...but not all at once; you have to keep hitting display to see each one). No station icon... It's really annoying.

I've searched and seen lots of posts on it. I haven't been able to find out though if anyone has actually attempted a mod to correct this and make it more like the XM screen (which isn't plagued by these issues). Has it been attempted? Was it determined to be impossible?

I ask because I'm a developer for a living. Bachelors and Masters in Computer Science and doing it been doing it pro for 10 or so years. I haven't modded the AVIC yet (just got mine last week), but if it hasn't been attempted yet, I guess I'll give it a go. I don't want to waste my time though (I've got very little) if it's already been determined to most likely not be possible (or possible, but a crap load of work).

So what's the history of modding the Sirius screen? Anyone know? Post if and only if you know the answer.

The idea of modding the AV interface has been discussed many times before on here and its been deemed not possible.

The AV interface CAN be modded, but in graphics only. Scripting can not be done as of yet

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

yes please try. i hate the way the sirius information is done. who wants to hit a button multiple times to see what the song was called or who the artist is? what a terrible design by sirius or pioneer. this is definitely a highly sought after mod.

yes please try. i hate the way the sirius information is done. who wants to hit a button multiple times to see what the song was called or who the artist is? what a terrible design by sirius or pioneer. this is definitely a highly sought after mod.

As I stated before, SCRIPTING CANNOT BE DONE as it is hard coded into the AVIC! Please, lets drop this topic! :roll: