AVIC411.com

My X920BT restarts randomly?

I read about this issue somewhere else but I can't seem to find the thread anymore so I am posting one of my own.

I installed my X920BT into my 2007 Mustang GT last weekend. I did it myself with the appropriate PAC harness and I added the GEX-P20HD as well. I also did the hack moving the mute wire one slot over and grounding it with the parking break wire, hack works fine. I took my time on this install, a good 10+ hours triple checking all connections with the instructions, soldering and shrink wrapping them so that everything would be perfect.

Day one everything worked great and I saw no issues, I played music from each source (HD Radio, CD, iPhone connected via cable)!

Day two I was rockin to some AC\DC via the iphone cable input (iPhone 3GS) and about 30 seconds into the song the unit abruptly restarts. So I decided mabey it was an iphone issue and went to CD, same thing, rocking for about 30 seconds or so and the unit restarted again. At this point I switched to HD Radio and was able to listen to that non stop.

The only difference I can think of between day one and day two is I may have been listening to it louder and I may have turned on bass boost and loudness in my AV Volume settings.

Has anyone anyone else heard of this issue or know of a fix? Very frustrating for such a spendy unit.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

UGH! This constant reboot is exactly what happen to my unit too!! I first had the X90BT but was having to send it in for a software re-install every other month so I cut a deal with Pioneer to swap it for this new unit citing the chronic troubles. After installing this new unit, I was SOO happy with it. Then day 2 I was driving down the road with the GPS routed to a home depot and the GPS started to freak out (exact same thing with the X90BT) then the dreaded restart happened and now it restarts every 2 - 5 minutes. Sometimes it will just be the software portion and the radio will be uninterrupted but other times its the whole unit (radio and software). I have it hooked up to a 4-way amp and a subwoofer amp and thought that it could possibly be drawing to much power but then I ask myself why I have the two different reboot types (uninterrupted radio and interrupted radio) for the unit must be receiving continuos power to be playing the radio while the software reboots. My hunch is it is something to do with the GPS freaking out and a corrupted file somewhere in OS, however I am going to monitor the voltage while the radio plays to identify if it needs a capacitor (which would seem very unique [?]). Any help for someone who has resolved this problem (or similar) would be greatly appreciated?

• 4 months later...

hi all, i'm new to the forums, but i what brought me here was this issue. I dont own this head unit, however i'm an installer and i need to troubleshoot this symptom.

my friend has the x910, installed and working flawlessly for the past year and half. about 2 weeks ago he called me saying the HU was resetting/restarting about 30 seconds to 1 minute, repeatedly. yesterday i spent about 2hrs troubleshooting the HU, Harnesses, and car harness, and we reached a conclusion: -Everytime we connected the GPS antenna, this would happen; keeps restarting repeatedly... when the GPS antenna is disconnected the unit works 100% fine, without any restarts. (except it loses the GPS ability)

so we are about to buy or borrow a new GPS antenna and see what happens from there.

Please let me know if you guys try this out and it works. maybe theres a major defect on these series that pioneer needs to address.