AVIC411.com

I'm way behind, need to get caught up. Need suggestions

I have a F90BT with X910BT firmware.

I currently have version 3.010100 and Map version 2.000400

I have Datfia's "Keeper, NSEW, IDT, Carver and Boris’ mods all put in one package by DIAFTIA." Installed from maybe last August/September.

I attached my current map view.

I have not liked the 3d view since I put that mod on, and can't seem to get it how I would like it. I want to start over with factory setup. The mods I REALLY use are the

1) mute nav directions (A must have!)

2) delete route

I really like the onscreen speed and altitude, and if possible a way to switch to windows desktop (and back) without booting testmode.

Please suggest any and all ideas. I'm mainly looking for features, not graphic updates/skins. I do use MSN and iPod (Mainly for audio books) daily.

post-33008-12872762333999_thumb.jpg

Seriously, I am trying to catch up on 6 months of posts, and want a good starting point to redo it. I am also interested in using alternate maps. I have a Garmin and it's maps have speed limits on more roads in my area, I think I read that one mod lets you choose which mapset, is that correct?

Seriously, I am trying to catch up on 6 months of posts, and want a good starting point to redo it. I am also interested in using alternate maps. I have a Garmin and it's maps have speed limits on more roads in my area, I think I read that one mod lets you choose which mapset, is that correct?

Take a look in the completed mods section. There you will find the latest mods. I have made a mod that originated from IDT's mod and it is designed to go with my 'Chrome Theme' and it has the 'mapchanger'. IDT's mods also have the mapchanger, or the ability to change maps as well. To me this is a must have feature as both maps have their benefits. make sure that yiou read about the installation procedures though azs there is not enough space on the drive to have both full sets of maps. What I havce done is had the complete set being TeleAtlas and just having NY and Canada for my Navteq maps as that is all I use. If I go outside of my area, I can always switch maps on the fly and go with TeleAtlas. I cant say witch map is better as it all depends on what area you are in, just that both have advantages.

I was in the same boat back in February or March. Just write down everything you want and search. I upgraded my firmware, maps, went with abbs chrome theme and nav and did my own little mods on the nav for my personal liking. Yes, the map changer is a nice feature. app put up some nice nav schemes too, also for a change I changed the splash screen. oh, check out the Carver thread on skipping the warning, it adds the Debug mode I belive.

Take a look in the completed mods section. There you will find the latest mods. I have made a mod that originated from IDT's mod and it is designed to go with my 'Chrome Theme' and it has the 'mapchanger'. IDT's mods also have the mapchanger, or the ability to change maps as well. To me this is a must have feature as both maps have their benefits. make sure that yiou read about the installation procedures though azs there is not enough space on the drive to have both full sets of maps. What I havce done is had the complete set being TeleAtlas and just having NY and Canada for my Navteq maps as that is all I use. If I go outside of my area, I can always switch maps on the fly and go with TeleAtlas. I cant say witch map is better as it all depends on what area you are in, just that both have advantages.

Thanks for the reply! The map options look like what I am looking for. I figured they won't all fit. I rarely leave SW PA, and if I go farther, I will be in my other vehicle. I will pare it down to eastern states, and maybe Canada, since we go to the Niagara Falls area every now and then.

I need to find out one that has a nice 3D view, I have not been pleased with it compared to my Garmin.

I was in the same boat back in February or March. Just write down everything you want and search. I upgraded my firmware, maps, went with abbs chrome theme and nav and did my own little mods on the nav for my personal liking. Yes, the map changer is a nice feature. app put up some nice nav schemes too, also for a change I changed the splash screen. oh, check out the Carver thread on skipping the warning, it adds the Debug mode I belive.

Thanks! I skimmed the warning skip thread, I missed the debug mode part. I'll look deeper today. I should be able to do small mods myself it I find the time and patience. I have some programming experience, and I can understand most of what I read that others have done when I read through them line by line, but to figure it out from scratch, UGH!