AVIC411.com

Splash screen with current date/time and username

Not really, but I did it by accident today! I was putzing around in control panel, and filled out the "Owner" applet. I checked the "Show on startup" box, and rebooted. It was kinda neat powering up with the clock and my name. Too bad you couldn't skin that window, it might be something to work with.

Can't be done! The splashscreen comes up when the system first boots up. During this time, the GPS is not active as it does not search for a signal until after bootup. The system time is dependent on GPS. Therefore it is impossible to display the time on bootup or 'splashscreen'

Can't be done! The splashscreen comes up when the system first boots up. During this time, the GPS is not active as it does not search for a signal until after bootup. The system time is dependent on GPS. Therefore it is impossible to display the time on bootup or 'splashscreen'

I think the time WAS on the splash screen. I'll try it again and check and take pictures.

Well, if Pioneer's coders are not dumb, they could retrieve the current time from the battery backup, which is not a big deal :wink: .