AVIC411.com

fit in 350Z?

Ive checked at bestbuy.com and circuitcity.com and they say the Z1 will not fit in a 350Z. The car has a double bay, shouldn't it fit?

Thanks for the help.

In addition, anyone installers in the SF bay area that are recomended? Any bay area installers on the board?

I'm new to the board, so if this is somewhere, please let me know.

Again, thanks.

[edit, added thanks]

Well they are complete morons and idiots. The Z1 will fit just fine in the Z, thats what I'm driving now and I know several folks that have it in there.

I'm not sure if links are allowed here or not, so if this gets edited drop me a PM. Check out my350z.com, under the modifications forum they have one for audio. Great Z forum.

Heres a couple links with pics that I found by searching there:

http://www.my350z.com/forum/showthread. ... ht=avic-z1

http://www.my350z.com/forum/showthread. ... ht=avic-z1

I belong to a Lincoln forum site and someone there posted a link to another Lincoln site with some more information and the link was promptly deleted by the owner. I thought that was a little mean. I guess he wanted all the Lincoln discussion there. So I know why you might have been worried.

But we try not to be too strict with what is discussed and linked to.

thanks DC, I had a sinking suspicion that the Circuit City AND Best Buy websites were BS. They're charging 2400 for the unit anyway, so the can go pound sand.

Really looking forward to getting the unit installed in the next couple weeks. I've got a single bin deck in there now, and it looks lousy.

ducatiboy, I'm working on the website now...:-)

thanks DC, I had a sinking suspicion that the Circuit City AND Best Buy websites were BS. They're charging 2400 for the unit anyway, so the can go pound sand.

Really looking forward to getting the unit installed in the next couple weeks. I've got a single bin deck in there now, and it looks lousy.

ducatiboy, I'm working on the website now...:-)

They use the same outdated info. There is a double din trim piece for the 350z that makes a double din screen look stock. It comes with the 997402 I beleive. If that's not the part number it comes with the metra dash kit for the 350z. On a side note it's kind of amazing that the circit city website says it doesn't fit since we carry that kit in the roadshop.

I was also told by Circuit City that the Z1 would not fit. I was told by Best Buy they could do it and that they would get back to me. That was in May. Finally did it myself and finally finished the dash bezel. I love it. Yellow is temporary.

Dodge Ram 3500, 2005 year model

Just go for it. You will love it

post-429-12872751371243_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

Wow guys - they look great. My Z and my tedious bay area commute could definitely use this. SF to San Jose everyday BLOWS...

So, tell me, anyone know a good installer in the bay area? Someone I can go to and get the whole thing taken care of?

Cuz, ya know, I got a tax return burning a hole....

Two I'll throw out. tillithz posts a lot on this site with a lot of good and acurate information. He's in Oakland and I don't know him but it's obvious "he knows of what he speaks". I'm down in Fremont and before learning he was close, I went to Autohaus in Hayward. No complaints - decent all around.

digxrayguy