AVIC411.com

**intermittent ATT pops up/stays on**

Are you using a steering wheel interface module? If so try to unplug it at the navi's wire remote input plug (3.5 MM)and see if "ATT" disappears for good. If i remember correctly a Pioneer made a marine remote controller that had a "ATT Button" on it. Possible the steering wheel interface module maybe causing the intermittent ATT issue to appear on your display thur wire remote input of the navi.

• 3 weeks later...

i have the same issue. i am on interface #3 (gmos-04). the first two were used, so i'll cut metra some slack. i'm installing today and will report back.

if the issue keeps coming back, then i will snip the brown mute wire (i'm not using it for bypass). if the problem still continues, then it's actually the unit going into ATT on its own and not from a mute signal.

brand spanking new gmos-04 build date 5/??/11. avic-z130bt wires were cut from the old harness and soldered to the new one. worked fine for about 5 mins and then the problem returned. i believe that it is the gmos-04 muting the avic and not the avic muting by itself (i.e. for thermal reasons).

it got dark so i had to quit for the day. tomorrow i'm chopping the mute wire. i'll report back.

brand spanking new gmos-04 build date 5/??/11. avic-z130bt wires were cut from the old harness and soldered to the new one. worked fine for about 5 mins and then the problem returned. i believe that it is the gmos-04 muting the avic and not the avic muting by itself (i.e. for thermal reasons).

it got dark so i had to quit for the day. tomorrow i'm chopping the mute wire. i'll report back.

I was having the same problem. Do you have the bose system? Make sure you are hooked up to the amp

i have verified that it is indeed the GMOS-04 attenuating the AVIC-Z130. Today i turned the car on and proceeded to remove the dash on the escalade. After about 3 minutes the avic started attenuating.

after i removed the dash i unplugged the mute wire (i used bullet connectors for this wire because of this problem) and voila, the avic stopped attenuating.

i have not used other metra interfaces but after all of this trial and error i can say if you do use the Metra GMOS-04 with any radio keep the following in mind:

• Do not connect the mute wire to your radio's harness. Your radio will intermittently attenuate or mute
  • The illumination wire does not work. The dimmer wire will dim only. It cannot be used for radio's that is expecting 0 Volts (lights off) or 12 Volts (lights on). This is not an issue with the interface, but a limitation of the vehicle (PAC has the same the problem). If you want the light, you must wire it elsewhere.
  • For radios that output more than 2v on the RCA's you must adjust the audio pot on the GMOS-04. For best results put the radio at 75% volume and use a multimeter on vehicle side of the harness to measure the voltage while you are adjusting the pot. you should not have to go past 3/4

hopes this helps other installers in the future

• 2 weeks later...

I had the same issue with my z130bt but had a different solution. It seemed to be happening to my car when its been sitting out in the sun and it gets hot. I would blast the AC for about 5 min and cool the inside down and the z130 would start working fine. I talked to a couple installers I know and they said that the fan in the back of the z130 doesnt cool the unit well enough. We added a separate 12 volt fan back behind the in the space after the radio and it sucks the heat out better. Only when its super hot out now do I still get that problem and then I blast the AC for a few and we are good to go. This is installed inside a 2011 suburban with onstar and hooked up with the gmoslan and the mute wire hooked up too. Appatently the unit just heats up too quickly and pioneer is aware of this. Whether they will do anything about this is another story.

I had the same issue with my z130bt but had a different solution. It seemed to be happening to my car when its been sitting out in the sun and it gets hot. I would blast the AC for about 5 min and cool the inside down and the z130 would start working fine. I talked to a couple installers I know and they said that the fan in the back of the z130 doesnt cool the unit well enough. We added a separate 12 volt fan back behind the in the space after the radio and it sucks the heat out better. Only when its super hot out now do I still get that problem and then I blast the AC for a few and we are good to go. This is installed inside a 2011 suburban with onstar and hooked up with the gmoslan and the mute wire hooked up too. Appatently the unit just heats up too quickly and pioneer is aware of this. Whether they will do anything about this is another story.

are you using the gmos-04? because from my testing, the avic-z130 isnt' the one that shuts down, its the GMOS-04. this has even been verified from metra tech support.

• 2 months later...

Hey guys, I have a similar problem: when I turn the car on, sometimes the AVIC starts up but I can't do anything. Then the unit starts searching for radio channels, and does all kinds of crazy stuff. This is very strange, because it has been working correctly for months now.... Don't know what to do... please advice?

Thanks

• 2 years later...

I had the exact same thing happen to my AVIC-x950BH. I suspected there was a wire shorting out, so I took my dash apart. I think it was the mute wire on the RCA harness that was the problem because it was not connected to anything and was just loose back there. I removed the RCA harness because I was not using it, I also taped off any loose wires so I don't have the same problem again. I haven't had ATT pop up since. I hope this helped!   

• 2 weeks later...

So I just cut the mute wire on my pioneer and hope the att stops. Here is what I am getting though, when I use onstar the x50bt basically shuts down. No maps, audio nothing. When I hang up it boots back up. On a side note the reverse cam doesn't come on when I put the car in reverse but it is on at startup regardless of gear. I have 2007 manual Sky. The gmos's are a pain! What happened to the good ol days when you just needed a harness?!

So I just cut the mute wire on my pioneer and hope the att stops. Here is what I am getting though, when I use onstar the x50bt basically shuts down. No maps, audio nothing. When I hang up it boots back up. On a side note the reverse cam doesn't come on when I put the car in reverse but it is on at startup regardless of gear. I have 2007 manual Sky. The gmos's are a pain! What happened to the good ol days when you just needed a harness?!