AVIC411.com

OEM USB port Toyota Venza pinouts at OEM Head Unit

2010 Venza, I installed the Z110BT this saturday (about 10 hours). Everything is good, BUT, I would like to use the stock OEM USB and IPOD plug. I have the pinouts for the USB and Ipod plug and also have the wiring for the Z110BT pinouts.

I was unable to positively identify the plug and the pinouts for the OEM Head Unit plug. I think it is the brown 12 pin plug, but I got resistance instead of connituity when testing with OHM meter. Got more than one wire to show as a resistance also, very confused at this point.

Does anyone know the wiring schematic for the Toyota Venza OEM USB IPOD plug at the stock head unit?

Thanks.

It was pretty easy to run the Pioneer's cable pinouts, if I can be positive of the OEM end, I will splice into the Pioneer cable and keep the nice neat OEM receptable. Just discovered the TIS site, will get the wiring schematic if possible. Right now I am not even sure of which plug it is.

Nothing like a challenge for a retired old guy.

Although the USB should be easy to retrofit. What about the AV? Where are you going to retrofit the AV plug from?

If it's anything like my Toyota, it should have a "AUX" port for MP3 players.... if so, he would have to splice into that as well...

I thought about doing the same thing, but mine are in the dash.... And I didn't want my IPod or any cords hanging out in open site.... so I dropped the idea and just used the Pioneer cord normally.... But hidden in my center console out of site....

TIS will get the OP what he needs... If not, drop a post over at tundrasolutions.com.... There are allot of members that have access to any schematic you need

• 2 weeks later...

I guess I am not explaining this very well. The USB and Ipod PLUG exist already in the 2010 Venza. But I am not able at this point to identify the ends of these pinouts at the OEM HU plug/plugs.

I have already done the work for the Pioneer Z110BT and have the pins identified to the plug in at the HU.

Would be a simple cut and splice (solder/heat shrink) if I could ID the other ends of the OEMs.

Plan B would be to somehow get the wiring behind the USB PLUG port and ID those colors or splice at that point, but that is more disassembly of the console. As it is we have the Pioneer cable sticking out of the console and uses the Iphone holder place, UGH.

My question is where are you going to plug the AV plug into?

In my Toyota...it has both....USB and AUX(AV/3.5mm)

IMO...and take this lightly, as I'm no wizard....

But the "pin out" should be the exact same...as there is a standard with both of these connections....

So... say.... you de-solder the far left wire on both USB cables......... well... that wire will need to be soldered to the same exact pin on the opposing connector... Does that make any sense?

The Venza does have the USB and IPOD 3.5mm plug receptable both in a unit.

I have the schematic now and have indentified the plug and pins. I'm a little thick headed on this stuff, but knew you all could help. Thanks.

NOW, for my next deal. I have run down the OEM backup camera and will try to splice in an RCA male to plug into the HU.

The biggie at the moment, OEM microphone (on the mirror) to a 2.5mm 2 pole plug to go to HU. I can not find the pinout for the Pioneer Mic plug. I assume the tip is MIC + and ring is MIC -, can someone confirm?