AVIC411.com

Car always slightly ahead of navigation display...

This kinda bugs me with my Z110BT (now upgraded to Z120BT via software). For some reason, most of the time I'll be ahead of where the GPS is showing. Is there a way to adjust this? It's very annoying downtown when you have a lot of roads pretty close together...

Thanks!

Only suggestion I have is to make sure the GPS antenna is out in the open, sitting on a metal pad and not under the dash.

Even with perfect reception u will probably still get this delay, that's just the way Pioneer made it out to be.

Well I don't *recall* my crappy F700BT behaving the same way.... but I guess I don't remember.

If you guys say it's normal, then it's normal. :) Heck, at least it locks a GPS signal REALLY quickly vs my F700 that would take several minutes, at best!

Is your speed sense wire hooked up? I'm not sure this would make any difference. However since it's required to get your calibration "perfected," it may help your situation. My GPS antenna is installed under my front dash with my speed sense wire hooked up. I don't have the problem you have.

Looks I was wrong. The VSS wire was not hooked up, but it did still show the approximate speed on the 3D Calibration page. In any case, I wired it up and now the Pulse is starting to count up. The 3D bar is now growing and it says it's now in 3D Hybrid mode, which it wasn't before. I haven't driven much, but hopefully it will get more accurate now?

Thanks for the help...