AVIC411.com

Abb's Chrome NAV Mod V3.25 - Aug 30th '10

• Replies 570
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have also made the text in the menus crisper and easier to read as well as reducing the file size down from 20.5 mb to 19.5 which will improve efficiency as well

Man your brain just doesn't stop LOL,

Looks great, can't wait for the update. Are we gonna get a scheme update too????

I have also made the text in the menus crisper and easier to read as well as reducing the file size down from 20.5 mb to 19.5 which will improve efficiency as well

Man your brain just doesn't stop LOL,

Looks great, can't wait for the update. Are we gonna get a scheme update too????

I don't know about a scheme update just yet as I only have one new scheme made and they are very time consuming. After I get this update out, I will try to focus on some new schemes

V3.25 IS UP!!! Sorry it took awhile, but it took a lot of work as there were a lot of changes. I hope you enjoy it.

Here are the changes and improvements. PLEASE RE-INSTALL EVERYTHING PLUS PUT A NEW FOLDER NAMED 'SYSTEM' FOLDER INTO 'MY FLASH DISK' IT IS IN THE .RAR FILE* Please remember, Beer money is always appreciated :D

New Features in 3.25 update

1- AV version is added

2- New graphics for the speedometer screen with speed units

3- New background for Destination Dial

4- fixed an issue that I came across when routing using TA maps. The 'next street' name would overhang partially covering the phone icon. This is now fixed!

5-File sizes are reduced considerably for reliability and responsiveness

6- Menu text is a lot crisper now and more readable in bright sunlight

7- it has a new 'Application Menu' accessible in the Top Menu which shows the 'resource info' while navigating, gives you direct access to 'Total Commander' while navigating. Applications are in the 'V3.25.rar' file that must be installed for the apps to work

8- Enlarged the text of the signposts as they were too small before

9- Non AV version now has the info bar at the bottom with current street fully extended giving more information. The AV version is as before so it can leave room for the AV bar while on route

INSTALLATION: PLEASE REPLACE ALL THE FILES WITH ALL THE FILES IN MY .RAR FILE AS THEY HAVE THE APPLICATIONS, PLUS ADDED INFO NOT FOUND IN THE OLDER FILES, SO ALL MUST BE REPLACED

UK Version 3.25 Update

All the new features titled above PLUS:

*The UK version will come in an AV version only as that is what was requested

1) The color of the freeway signs were changed into blue

2) The traffic alarm signs were changed to Europe signs

3) The position of the speed limit sign was lowered to avoid conflict with the Elevation sign.

4) MSN button has been changed for a TMC button that allows direct access to the TMC menu

INSTALLATION: PLEASE REPLACE ALL THE FILES WITH ALL THE FILES IN MY .RAR FILE AS THEY HAVE THE APPLICATIONS, PLUS ADDED INFO NOT FOUND IN THE OLDER FILES, SO ALL MUST BE REPLACED

Thanks a mill Abb. and thanks a lot to Chuck88 for pointing me out to this Mod. I used to use IDT till now. But since I went back to upgrade fw with latest version on my F900bt. I lost my mods and I have to start all over again.

Some how 3dcars folder gave me hard time, I deleted most of western states maps and Poi and that gave me almost 500mb free and then I made some mistakes. My system keep rebooting. Formatting SD cards, downloading files again. Eventually I made it work after consuming half tank gas. Same with GPX folder, schemes wont show up. Even now, Pioneer screen shows up and our schemes screen show up for 2 seconds and it will go back to Pioneer schemes. I just was able to pick Abb Day scheme since it was first option on your schemes. I hope it will settle down eventually.

Oh yea. finally when I downloaded New Features in 3.25 update it worked like a champ. That system folder is the key.

I love our split screen.

I still miss Quick screen changes from 2D to 3D or it is no more an option?

Also I turned key sound off, it still clicks loud when i click on some icon to select it.

Any how wonderful Job. Kudos. Keep up the good work.

One last question or suggestion: can we have a icon for voice calling instead of using volume knob?

:D

Hey guys did you notice on the 3.0 mod that if you have the TA maps on the auto correct time is ok but when you use the NT maps we have to set the timezone manualy. Does anyone else have this prob and can it be fixed. I like NT maps better so I always have to change. Time zones manualy when I drive from quebec to new Brunswick

@bassboy - No, I did not notice that.

@Abb1 - v3.25 is Awesome, plus I got my voice recognition back on the map screen. Believe it or not, I missed that, but my wife REALLY missed that on hers. she uses it all the time. So needless to say, she tried it right off the bat, and is very happy, therefore, I am very very happy. GREAT Job!!!

When using NT maps it seams to default to Edmonton time zone. I am in New Brunswick

Hmmm, I use Navteq maps in general as they are superior here in Canada as far as streets go. I have NEVER had time issues with NT maps. There is nothing in my mod that should change that. My suggestion to you is to delete your IGO folder in your user data. That will most likely fix it up.

Can u tell me what UFO folder to delete? The user data??I did dete it and it still defaults to Edmonton time. As soon as I switch to TA maps the auto correction is on and gives me the correct time

Hmm, that is weird, it just started doing that to me as well. An easy fix is just to shut auto correction off and have it set to your time zone. I will look more into it though to find out why it is doing that. Unfortunately, I need a day off for that so I can be near my Avic which seldomly happens :(