AVIC411.com

Abb's Chrome NAV Mod V3.25 - Aug 30th '10

Nice to know that basstoy, I just PM you the files you need ... guess you don't need them anymore :lol:

TA maps 2010.xx is coming up (European version are already out), just hoping that we will see signposts for other provinces than Ontariio.

Cheers!

• Replies 570
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nice to know that basstoy, I just PM you the files you need ... guess you don't need them anymore :lol:

TA maps 2010.xx is coming up (European version are already out), just hoping that we will see signposts for other provinces than Ontariio.

Cheers!

Hmmmm, it doesn't make sense that they would do the signs just for Ontario :?:
Check it out Ann you will see. Do a sim to Montreal and as as soon as you enter Quebec the signposts stop. With NT they still work right to NB.

Yes it is true. TA maps are nonetheless more detailed than NT's. When you pass through those complicated over-passes in 3D mode with TA maps, you can actually see they are one on top of others and not flat, as some in NT are.

Here some suggestions for the UK / EU version

1) Change the color of the freeway signs into blue ( RGB= 32,40,96)

2) Change the traffic alarm signs in Europe signs (red-white instead of yellow) bmp in common 746_32_OM_506_24.bmp and 746_32_OM_507_24.bmp.

3) Bring position of the speed limit sign lower (15-20 pnts) Now is almost against the elevation sign.

4) Central the numbers of the speed limit better. Now they are left of the center.

5) Change the white color of the text in the traffic information events. The background at this place is almost white so this text is very difficult to read. The Road number is also white but this one is ok, so you can leave it for what is.

6) For so far I know in Europe we don’t have the MSN version. So you can change that button for the TMC / traffic information button

Well, all this (except #5) has been done for the Uk. It is just undergoing some testing and then it, as well as the V3.1 will be posted. I have reduced the file size, as well as slightly increased the text of the signboards as I thought it was too small before

I don't have V3.0 in my AVIC so I don't know exactly how the menu icons look like, but just by looking on the snapshots of the first post, I realize that all the icon texts are a bit too large and all of them overlapped on to of the graphic underneath them.

It might be probably neater if the font size is smaller, and/or the starting point of the texts is lower to avoid overlap.

Just a suggestion :) I won't use it without smartzoom anyway :mrgreen:

I don't have V3.0 in my AVIC so I don't know exactly how the menu icons look like, but just by looking on the snapshots of the first post, I realize that all the icon texts are a bit too large and all of them overlapped on to of the graphic underneath them.

It might be probably neater if the font size is smaller, and/or the starting point of the texts is lower to avoid overlap.

Hmmm, you were one of my testers and it wasn't mentioned then as this is the same menu as in the beta version that you tested. When I made the icons, I tried a smaller font at the start and this size just seemed better

Just a suggestion :) I won't use it without smartzoom anyway :mrgreen:

Actually, it DOES have smartzoom, it just works differently as in IDT's mod, Diaftia had it so that the tilt can be controlled which in reality most people preferred so that they can see the sky. I am assuming that this is why he did that. All his previous versions had the same smartzoom and this was never a problem with anybody. if he ever puts out a V3, it will have the same smartzoom as in his previous. The way it is in my V2.75 is the reason that everyone shuts it off, because you cannot see the sky. Remember that the smartzoom that you are referring to was designed to work with mods in the 2.0 era, where there was no sky and then this smartzoom was worthwhile. Now with the sky, it is more graphically beneficial to have a smartzoom where the sky remains. You will find that any future mods (except ones based on IDT's) will have this form of smartzoom.

Personally, I have tried both smartzooms and I like the one in my V3.0 better and it is definately more suited to todays mods

I guess I will get used of that one day, since I am really too busy to mess with code ...

That is too bad. You would probably be pretty good at it and we can use more modders

Thanks Abb. A little family with two pre-teens, both parents "living" a professional life and working like crazy, so even if AVIC is my hobby since beginning of 2010, but you get the picture ...

I will live with V2.75 for the months to come, unless your upcoming V3.0 can get me acquainted.

With thanks to you and all modders of this forum :wink: .

Cheers!!!

Well, I have added a few more additions to the update. This update will be V3.25 as it has a new 'Application Menu' accessible in the Top Menu. I will also add a folder for easy installation for these programs. We have all had system reboots when the cache gets overloaded, well now all you have to do to see if it is the memory is to go to the application menu and click on RES Info and it will give you the memory usage during route or other memory hogging application. Now you will always know how your resources are. Also, I will have a full version of total Commander available to use during navigation. Here are some pics:

post-32106-12872763143484_thumb.jpg

post-32106-12872763144879_thumb.jpg

post-32106-12872763145976_thumb.jpg

post-32106-12872763147243_thumb.jpg