AVIC411.com

Abb's Chrome NAV Mod V3.25 - Aug 30th '10

This mod is based on Diaftias mod, however, it is totally different as new scripts with all the latest features have been added, as well as EVERY graphic has been replaced, or redone. This mod is not an update to my V2.75 mod as this one is entirely different with a lot more menu options and features.This mod took me approximately 3 months to complete and it is truly the best that I could do. Keep in mind that I am not here to troubleshoot and that you are to install this at your own risk. ALL FILES IN MY .RAR FILE MUST BE INSTALLED EVEN IF YOU THINK THAT YOU ALREADY HAVE THEM, AS MINE ARE DIFFERENT. Please read all of the instructions and features of this post before downloading. I will start with a screenshot and its hidden features, then with all the pictures to view and then the installation instructions. I have included my schemes and my original 'Chrome Theme' along with the downloads for those that do not already have them as they are part of the set of this Mod.

New Features in 3.25 update

1-- AV version is added

2-- New graphics for the speedometer screen with speed units

3-- New background for Destination Dial

4-- fixed an issue that I came across when routing using TA maps. The 'next street' name would overhang partially covering the phone icon. This is now fixed!

5-- File sizes are reduced considerably for reliability and responsiveness

6-- Menu text is a lot crisper now and more readable in bright sunlight

7-- Top bars were redone to match the theme.

8-- it has a new 'Application Menu' accessible in the Top Menu which shows the 'resource info' while navigating, gives you direct access to 'Total Commander' while navigating. Applications are in the 'V3.25.rar' file that must be installed for the apps to work

9-- Enlarged the text of the signposts as they were too small before

10-- Non AV version now has the info bar at the bottom with current street fully extended giving more information. The AV version is as before so it can leave room for the AV bar while on route

INSTALLATION: PLEASE REPLACE ALL THE FILES WITH ALL THE FILES IN MY .RAR FILE AS THEY HAVE THE APPLICATIONS, PLUS ADDED INFO NOT FOUND IN THE OLDER FILES, SO ALL MUST BE REPLACED

UK Version 3.25 Update

All the new features titled above PLUS:

*The UK version will come in an AV version only as that is what was requested

1-- The color of the freeway signs were changed into blue

2-- The traffic alarm signs were changed to Europe signs

3-- The position of the speed limit sign was lowered to avoid conflict with the Elevation sign.

4-- MSN button has been changed for a TMC button that allows direct access to the TMC menu

INSTALLATION: PLEASE REPLACE ALL THE FILES WITH ALL THE FILES IN MY .RAR FILE AS THEY HAVE THE APPLICATIONS, PLUS ADDED INFO NOT FOUND IN THE OLDER FILES, SO ALL MUST BE REPLACED

HIDDEN FEATURES

1c.JPG

1. Touching the next street while navigating will repeat the last voice prompt in your route.

2. Touching the "Your Speed" sign will bring up the speedo

3. Long pressing the your speed sign will bring up the cruise dial.

4. Touching the phone icon will bring up the phone menu, longpressing it will dial the number you have programmed in as a home #.

5. Touching the big direction icon will bring up the route avoid screen.

6. Touching the secondary direction icon will bring up the route details screen.

7. Touching the time to destination will switch it between time to destination and time at destination. This will pass on to the speedometer screen and be saved when rebooting.

8. Touching the speed limit sign when up will allow you to add a speedcam in the current GPS location.

9. Touching the time at the top of the screen brings up the trip computer.

10. Touching the compass will switch between 3D/2D/2DNorth

Screenshots

In Navigation - Transparent panes

1c.JPG

In Navigation - Solid panes

3c.JPG

FullScreen Cockpit- enabled

16c.JPG

Simulation

3cs.JPG

Main Menu

Route Menu

5c.JPG

Extra's Menu

Applications Menu

Resources info during Navigation (new in V3.25)

New SplitMap with 3D view

15c.JPG

New Speedometer

8c.JPG

Digi Dial

5.JPG

Destination Dial

9c.JPG

Navi Settings

3D Cars Menu

3.JPG

3D Visual Settings

12c.JPG

Nav Screen Detail Settings

13c.JPG

GPS Status

14c.JPG

Installation Instructions!

THIS MOD IS FOR FIRMWARE V3 ONLY!!!

Extract all of the folders/files from the .rar file you downloaded, onto a freshly formatted SD card with a testmode folder. You only need to deal with 4 different folders on your AVIC and they are labeled on the folders themselves that the files are in within the zip once extracted.

Also make sure you have a full back up of your FLASHDISK. Really, you are going to edit a lot of files here and it will be nice to go back if you want/need to.

Once the SD card is inserted into your AVIC, power it on and boot into testmode:

1. Click Start - Programs, Explorer then click on SD Card

2. Click on Start Again - Programs - Explorer then click on My FlashDisk - you should now have 2 Explorer folders open in the quick start menu at the bottom of your windows screen.

3. Using the SD card window click on the folder called Copy and Paste to APl2-iGo.

4. Scroll your pointer over the 8 files titled "bnt.ttf", "DATA.zip", �BULLPEN3D.ttf�, �Digital.ttf�, "DS-DIGI.TTF", "TAHOMA.TTF", "TAHOMABD.TTF" and "sys.txt", as well as the 2 folders, "3DCars' and "Extension" to select them all. If you are running an F500, or are using a unit in the EU, then edit the semicolons at the top of the sys.txt file before copying them over to the AVIC.

5. Go up to EDIT at the top window click COPY

6. Go to the FLASHDISK explorer window at the bottom of the screen and open it

7. Navigate to APL2-iGo

8. Click EDIT at the top window and PASTE all 8 files and both folders

9. When the prompt comes up asking you if you want to change files click the option that says "YES ALL" wait for it to copy files (because you made that backup right?)

10. You need to delete the user files so that your settings are built fresh with these new mods. They are in �My Flash DiskUserUserData". Delete the ENTIRE "iGo" .

11. Power off your ignition to turn the AVIC off.

12. Pop out your SD CARD and then power back on to restart AVIC. DO NOT REMOVE THE SD CARD WITHOUT TURNING OFF YOUR AVIC FIRST!!!

NEW SCHEMES - Instructions

-Install my GFX folder (after it has been extracted) to 'MyFlashDisk/APL2/IGO' folder. Afterwards it should look like this:

'MyFlashDisk/APL2/IGO/GFX'

-Install my schemes into 'MyFlashDisk/APL2/IGO/CONTENT/SCHEMES' folder. Once it is installed, you should be able to open up the CONTENT folder and see all my schemes along with 'Pioneer_blue_day.zip' scheme

*YOU NEED MY GFX FOLDER FOR THE SCHEMES TO WORK

**If this is too complicated for you, DO NOT TRY THIS!

*To install the NEW GFX folder, delete the present one first and then add the new one! THIS IS A MUST!

Donations

I have NEVER asked for donations EVER, but a lot of forum members are encouraging me to take them as a way to receive thanks in the form of 'Beer Money'. I have agreed to take donations as a form of appreciation for all this hard work. Any donations will be greatly appreciated, but they are by no means mandatory. Donations can be accepted by using PayPal and forwarding payment to <!-- e --><a href="mailto:aboudreau1@cogeco.ca">aboudreau1@cogeco.ca</a><!-- e -->

DOWNLOADS

Chrome Nav Mod V3.25 AV Version

Chrome Nav Mod V3.25 NON-AV Version

Chrome Nav Mod V3.25 UK

Abb's NEW GFX Folder

Abb's NEW Scheme's

Abb's Chrome Theme V1.5 (Main/AV)

post-32106-12872763183591_thumb.jpg

post-32106-12872763184573_thumb.jpg

post-32106-12872763185475_thumb.jpg

post-32106-12872763186349_thumb.jpg

post-32106-1287276318732_thumb.jpg

• Replies 570
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Awesome!!!!, downloading now.

right on schedule as promised. Thanks Abb

NP, please make sure that ALL files are installed as they are different. Just say 'yes to all' to overwrite!

Hey Abb, Great Job... WOW is all I have to say.

One question though, about the AV hide / show.. I like it when it is shown, so I go into the menu, I click show AV. It shows, but if I shut off the car, or do anything in any other menu it hide's itself again, but in the menu its still set to show. So I need to click the button to hide then to show for it to show again. Make sence? Ideas? Did I maybe just miss somthing, or is there a way to set a default?

Other than that, looks great, took it out for a test run tonight already... so far so good.

Thanks again

Successfully installed, tested and enjoyed in both of my cars.

LOVE IT!!!!!

You should add a Split screen photo above since it is really awesome and I imagine is what will be on my screen always.

More beer money on its way. :D

Thanks for compliments and the beer :)! I forgot all about a pic of the new Splitmap, it is up now!
Hey Abb, Great Job... WOW is all I have to say.

One question though, about the AV hide / show.. I like it when it is shown, so I go into the menu, I click show AV. It shows, but if I shut off the car, or do anything in any other menu it hide's itself again, but in the menu its still set to show. So I need to click the button to hide then to show for it to show again. Make sence? Ideas? Did I maybe just miss somthing, or is there a way to set a default?

Other than that, looks great, took it out for a test run tonight already... so far so good.

Thanks again

This mod is designed to have the AV only shown upon call. The reason for this is that without a bar at the bottom, the AV stands out like a sore thumb. If it is needed, it can always be called upon in a second. I only hit the AV button about once a week (and that is if I am listening to Sirius and want to know the song), as I generally know what is playing or what AV source I have selected

I left it back in May for the DNX9960.

:cry: Damn!! The 9960 is a nice machine, but there is so much that can be done to the X series! Every day I am in my car and think of changes to make it better. That definately keeps the interest aspect going for my 910. Having the dual maps is also such a plus. Last week, I had an important meeting to go to out of town. The address was not found in my TA maps, I switched to Navteq and there it was! Also, I am not done with this yet :)!!

Yea I just couldn't deal with the shity BT any longer in the X series.

Hmm,I have never had a problem with the BT except that when the internal memory (cache) gets congested on my iPhone, i then have to reset the iPhone for it to communicate with my avic. That is the iPhones fault though, now, I just reset the iphone every morning (this should be done anyways), and no problems ever.

Where can we get the other maps and where do u put them? :D

I dont understand? What other maps? The only other maps are the Navteq maps and they are available in a thread in the Hacks/Mods section. Just install them according to the instructions in IDT's thread found in the first post.